.

.

.

.

Thursday, September 4, 2014

What brings Comfort to the Soul?

 I made 2 Fresh Peach Pies today....
with my own 2 hands...

I know weird right! 
sugar, trans fat, white flour...eeekkkkk!! 
shock to my system! 

BUT....
putting that to side....

My hubby was sharing with me the fond memories he had as a child when his mother would cook in the kitchen.

Making pies, canning, making dinner, etc.

 It brought him comfort. 

So as I was standing peeling the 30,000th peach... 
I thought to myself...
what brings me comfort?
What brings peace to my soul?

I thought out loud at that moment 
and thanked my Heavenly Father for the 
peaches that he created 
that brings a
homey, wonderful feeling during the fall season. 

I love FALL!!!
Don't you love fall???
 the cool and crispness in the air. 
It is refreshing.

 I started to think of the things that have truly brought 
comfort to my soul.
I remember my mom canning every fall. 
And how excited all of us would get because we 
KNEW 
we would be going to Call's Drive-In to get a hamburger! 
That was exciting stuff!
I mean who doesn't like a hamburger with homemade root beer?
i mean seriously...

and Mom always canned yummy things!
thanks momma!

 These are some things that bring comfort to my soul 

 My adorable family!!!
I love them all!!!!
my sweet hubby of 25 years this last Sunday!!! 
Nothing better in life than him!
and my sweet kids...
We have such a great time together!
They love me for me... craziness and all!
they fill my heart.....
fully.

ELDER WATTS!!!
Love you!!

SISTER WATTS!!!
Love you too!!

I have to show you this video I received from Elder Watts..:)

He makes my heart so happy!!
He is a hoot!!!


and my cute, adorable, wonderful, amazing, sweet grandchild!!
how could you not just look at him and 
feel comfort!
{love the finger... and the belly}


and my sweet sisters. 
I really do love them.
They help me. They help me to be better.
To reach higher..... 
we always feel uplifted when we get together..


and the last one is my Savior. 
He is a HUGE part of my life. 
He is my the FOCUS. 
I am so grateful that I have Him in my life.
I love Him!
Ya know,
It is the little things in life.
Not your new purse 
{well maybe it is:)}
or things that fade over time...
but the true comforts of life are gifts from God.

Eternal things...

If you think of what is important to you
I bet they aren't things you can buy with money.

It is things of the heart....



Now dear sisssies,
what brings your comfort?
what brings peace to your soul?
 and if there is something stopping you from feeling that peace... find it.... and...... let it go.
Nothing is worth robbing you of the 
comforting peace that comes from the 
gift of life, family and the Savior.

Now go enjoy some peaches!

Love you all!
#2

1 comment: