.

.

.

.

Monday, September 1, 2014

STORIES OF FAITH MONDAY!!



We can NOT thank those sisters enough that have sent us their stories of faith....
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
Please keep 'em comin!!!
<<<    >>>
In the meanwhile...
ENJOY this sweet story sent to us from 
Michelle @gessellfamilyof7



Hello, Sister Circle!! 

I'm finally sending this to you....eeksssss

I am sending most of my blog post...it is long and I tried to condense and take things out, but I am a Mommer of many words. {haha} Use what you want or keep them to yourselves. Know that you have inspired me, and I feel it is no chance that I came upon you all.
And so I begin...

I had to get up and write as the words were forming sentences in my head. I tried to go back to sleep. I really did. It is only 5:45amMan... too many things.... and my mind goes faster than my fingertips can write. The thought dominating me...a plea for a story...A story of faith...
Let's begin with this floral Skirt as that is why this came to be...


While on Instragram...{@gessellfamilyof7} I ran into a fellow "gramm-er"...what do we call ourselves? 
I think I was on Mindy Gledhill's feed when I came across her name. Something about her name made me curious. I pressed on her Instagram name to check her out...
@yoursistercircle_nanniegoat !!!  What kind of name was that? {hehe} But, the word sister, something about that instantly connected me to her. Well, she had just bought a floral skirt and posted it,  and something, just something, made me want to buy it too. I rarely buy online, especially clothes, especially because you can't try them on{!} and especially not floral, what was I thinking... it was calling my name...so, I went online... it was rather inexpensive...$17.00 to be exact...and so, I was SOLD! {see picture above} I love it!  I posted a picture onto my feed and shared it @yoursister_nanniegoat and @adornit {the shop that sold it}. Then I started following them {that sounds creepy}! I went to her blog, which led me to their Your Sister Circle blog.
I read all their stories like a book. 

I liked the messages of hope and faith they shared...

Turns out Nanniegoat is LDS.
Turns out she is searching, just like me.
Turns out she's not afraid to tell her story.
and well...this crazy world we live in has connected me with a total stranger,
and now she is my 'imaginary" friend...a "virtual" sister even...fancy that. {wink wink}

Anyhow, this group of 5 sisters  {yoursistercircle.com} is sharing their faith and is asking for others to share theirs. I have been thinking about this all week. A story of faith to share.
I couldn't think of a story to share at first, and then I thought of many, but it seems they were all old and long passed. I started to think do I not have a story of faith today?
 I thought and thought until this crazy morning hour has come upon me
and the words kept slipping into my bed sheets until they took over and kicked me out!!

Yes, yes, ok...i'll get up and write...

This story of faith, was beginning to form because of the VERY same Sister Circle
that requested it...Nanniegoat!!!....somehow was in my head!! Prodding me along! 
 {naaaaah naaaaaah}  

{You see, you never know what kind of effect you are going to have on people.}

So here's some history, I have made an effort to read the Book of Mormon with a pure intent to know of it's truthfulness. I set a goal to read for 15 minutes a day about a year ago...
I was having a hard time carving this time out for myself. 
{I am still in 2nd Nephi but only a few chapters left until I am in the book of Jacob!!}

It is only 15 minutes a day right?
Well, I started by reading while I blow dried my hair.
Honestly, it was perfect, I couldn't go anywhere. 
I was stuck in the bathroom anyway.
No one was bothering me, so...that is when I read.
I was getting something out of it, honestly.
My sisters and I even started sharing thoughts from the scriptures with each other.
We would send messages in the group text we started a while back.
Our own "sister circle", of course we did not call it that, as it started long before this word formed in my mind. {A "sister circle" how wonderful is that!!- genius you guys.}

Well,  Nanniegoat, shared a post about journaling along with her scripture reading. 
I thought hmm....
I desire even more than I am receiving now, in the way of happiness from the spirit I feel from reading my scriptures just the few minutes while blow drying my hair. Could there be more?
I made a goal that when school started I would start reading my scriptures at the table...
with pen and paper and write down what I felt or whatever came to my mind.


Here is my journal and a little quote, I wrote down.
"You are either with The Lord...or far away from Him."

So, I've been doing a lot of this... and it has increased my faith.

2nd Nephi 30:4 - 5
4"And then shall the remnant of our seed know concernings us (the Book of Mormon peoples),how we came out from Jerusalem, and that they are descendants of the Jews.(2Nephi33:8 Nephi referred to the Jews as "them from whence I came")5And the gospel of Jesus Christ shall be declared among them; wherefore, they shall be restored unto the knowledge of their fathers, and also to the knowledge of Jesus Christ,which was had among their fathers." 

I don't know why, but after reading and writing in my journal. I just felt I needed to send a group text to my sisters asking them to pray with me to help my Big Littles find good guys, ones that would treat them right and have the desire of Christ within them. 

My Biggest Little came over with her Beau a few days later. She had a little bit of time to spare, which is rare, so she came over sorta last minute and I felt bad because I was getting ready to leave. I needed to go to an Eagle Court of Honor with my son.

While they were visiting, with the Littles, and I was getting ready in the bathroom, they sat at my dining room table. All of our scriptures were out as I have been keeping out in front to remind us to read them. {and we have. :)} 
But it was this....



A simple little book that belongs to my Littlest that he, her Beau, picked up and began to read.
Then he started to ask questions...
My Biggest Little started repeating his questions....using a really loud voice so I could hear while I was in the bathroom...I didn't know what she was asking me....I could only tell she was talking and then....MOM...MOM... 
WHAT? What was so important that I needed to be asked while I was in the bathroom??
Mom...who was Mormon? Why are we called Mormon? What are these plates? 
Frazzled by my time and the in-depth questions at hand. I sat down next to them half ready.
I didn't know what to say in the 5 minutes I had to share without being late.
I told him that the bible was a recording of Jesus in and around Jerusalem and that the plates, or Book of Mormon as we call it, are the recordings of people in the Americas and Christ came to visit them too. 
I mentioned there was a really good movie that would explain a lot of these questions.
I went to find it.
I couldn't find it anywhere. I had to leave.
I left in a hurry without my things.

I was late and forgot the table cloth I was suppose to bring! 
In the car I called the missionaires and left a message.
I asked the missionaries for a Book of Mormon.
I asked them for the movie "The Testaments".

I said a prayer.

They brought the book & movie to me within  a half hour{!!},
while I was setting up for the Court of Honor{!!!}
My friend asked me why the missionaries had come to bring me these items. 
When I told her, she forgave me for not bringing the table cloth. {:)}

Then I went to the closet to get the cups we needed and found a ....RED tablecloth!!!

I felt blessed and also felt that something was beginning to happen.

The next day I texted my Biggest Little this...




I know this story isn't finished yet, but, it is faith that brought me here, and that will continue to lead. We all need a little faith...and trust in the path that we are being led. 
For He knows all things and puts people in our life for a reason.

And so, that is my story of faith.
Like I said, you never know who you will come in contact with & how it will effect you...
such as buying a skirt...
making a "friend"...
reading your scriptures...
leaving them out...
opening them up...
writing them down..
and letting them in your heart.

From me to you w love, Mommer



YOU NEVER KNOW THE INFLUENCE YOU WILL HAVE ON ANOTHER!!!
share your light.....

you CAN make a difference.

WE TRULY LOVE YOU SISTERS!!
#hugstimesfive 

No comments:

Post a Comment