.

.

.

.

Monday, September 15, 2014

STORIES OF FAITH.....


We sure are loving these Stories of Faith Mondays!
Today's story comes from an anonymous sister and we want to say THANK YOU to her for sharing with us!!

"A few years ago, in the height of the building boom here in Utah, my husband and a friend decided to build a spec home together. Not just any home, but a really nice, large home in a pricey neighborhood. I wasn't thrilled but figured it would be okay because the market was good and we were only 50% invested in it. Then, just as we were finishing the house, the housing market crashed. This was the period in time when contractors and builders were going bankrupt, banks stopped giving loans and houses completely stopped selling. Needless to say, we were starting to get nervous. Then our business partner called and told us he couldn't afford to be part of the spec home anymore, gave us a bill for stuff he thought he should get paid for (really?) and left us high and dry with everything in our name. Soon we had the private investor our business partner had gotten the loan from knocking on our door wanting his money back. The house wasn't selling and we couldn't get a loan from any banks because we were too high risk.
This was probably the lowest point in my life. We were facing the loss of everything we had and I could hardly even function. The stress and despair were completely consuming me. One day, as I felt the weight of the world crushing me, I finally asked my husband for a Priesthood blessing. It was an incredible experience. I have never felt the spirit as strong in my life as I did during that blessing. I have no idea what was said but the warmth and the love I felt from my Heavenly Father was overwhelming and I knew that no matter what happened, it would be okay.
Fast forward to today. Surely we sold the house and things turned out fabulous right? Well, not exactly. We were able to, with financial help from a good friend, get the private investor paid off (miracle). We then found someone to "buy" the house (miracle). However, we carried the loan and for four years we never knew if we were going to get paid the monthly payment or not. We finally foreclosed on them only to find the house had been trashed inside. After fixing it back up, we were able to rent it to friends while they built a house of their own. We were also able to refinance (the only thing I will probably ever thank Obama for and another miracle) and actually started making money on the house instead of loosing it. When they moved out we tried selling it (which didn't work again) and are currently renting it to a great family (miracle).
So what have I learned from this and what does it have to do with faith, you ask?
I learned that Heavenly Father loves me and is very aware of personal trials. I learned to trust Him and have faith that He's watching out for us at all times. I learned that paying tithing is essential. We never stopped paying tithing and somehow we were always able to make ends meet. Divine intervention is my only answer for the financial miracles that have kept us going through this trial. What the future holds, I don't know. But I do have faith that it will be okay.
Anybody want to buy a house?"






THANKS AGAIN FOR SHARING WITH US!
If you have a story you would be willing to share.. please email us TODAY!
yoursistercircle@gmail.com

#floodwithfaith #hugstimesfive

No comments:

Post a Comment