.

.

.

.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

I've been thinking.....

I have been thinking a lot lately...

I have had a very full agenda that has been extremely hard. 
I feel I am being taught great lessons about life, myself, 
and trust....

I know I am hard on myself and expect ....greatness? 
{if that is the right word....}

 I don't expect perfection 
but I do expect "a good job" of myself at 
whatever I have been asked to do. 

My heart gets heavy sometimes because of the load that is placed before me.... 
it seems to big to handle.

I kept asking my Father in Heaven, "You want me to do....what?"
 ya... I have been feeling that.
does that sound familiar in your life?

Do you ever feel like that?


But last Sunday,
 while I sat quietly before the re-dedication of the Ogden Temple, 
pleading with the Lord to help me overcome my weaknesses (remember weakness is not sin....they are gifts!)
this scripture came to my mind...

John 3:17
"For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

The most peaceful feeling came over me as I watched the beautiful pictures of temples. 

HE loves me. HE cares about me. HE knows my heart. 

I am trying...

He isn't trying to condemn me and make me feel horrible, 
or inadequate....
or feel unworthy or incapable of the tasks before me. 
He is stretching me!! 
He is helping me....

He is trying to SAVE ME!! 
Save me THROUGH my trials...
through my weaknesses...

Life can be hard ...yes...
But it is in those hard times that we grow and stretch and become as HE knows we can become. 

HE is here to SAVE US!!!
SAVE US from ourselves!

I felt such peace.
I love the picture of Peter who WALKED on water.
 He was mortal and HE WALKED ON WATER!!! 
{do we understand the significance of that?}

Because Peter's eye was single to our Savior's glory. 
He Loved Him.
He was focused on His Savior. 

~HE TRUSTED~

Only when He looked at the storm going on around him 
...did he begin to sink... 


And there was our Savior ... 
helping...lifting...aiding....teaching.

loving......

I think Peter has amazing faith!
{thank you Peter for your example}

I have this picture on my phone as my screen saver.
 I want my focus to always be on Him.

I love the way that he is so tenderly teaching this little one 
about a butterfly. 
Can't you just feel it???

He gently shows him.


I know the Savior teaches us the same way 
and will continue to teach us in this manner.
Can't you feel his love.....?



As we are going though "tough days," 
I pray that we will go to our Father... 
Our Heavenly Father
in prayer 
through our Savior Jesus Christ...

He will help us see "through" the trails, 
through those difficult days.... 

He LIFTS US! 
HE CARRIES US!
HE SAVES.
after all.... that is his name...
Jesus Christ, SAVIOR and Redeemer!

How grateful I am for His divine intervention in my life!
I hope you feel the same....

Love you all!!
#2


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! I love this post so much. And you said something that I have heard a number of times this month (which always makes me think it's a direct message from Heavenly Father placed just exactly where I can't help but trip over it and hear it!) "Weaknesses are not sins, they are gifts." I have felt the same way you have and asked a number of times recently, "You want me to do WHAT?" I have no idea how I could ever do any of the things He asks of me without His divine assistance. I am so grateful to be stretched in ways lately that bring me to my knees and draw me to the temple often to ask for help and listen for direction. I'm grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who wants us to succeed. And I'm so grateful for all 5 of you sweet sisters who share so much good and encouragement. Every time you post something, I feel like we're instantly connected.

    ReplyDelete