.

.

.

.

Friday, September 12, 2014

SISTER HIGHLIGHTS!!!

WE have 2 PURE GEMS to share with you this week!!!



We decided to tweak the format just a bit this time....
And HIGHLIGHT OUR MOTHER!!

YAY!!
EVERYONE SAY HELLO TO MOM!!


What is your full name?
Dixie Lee Walker
(friends and family call me Dix)

Where do you live?
I live in Perry Utah
(a small community about 60 miles north of Salt Lake. 48 years and love it! I love to look out my windows and see those beautiful, majestic Wasatch mountains.)

What is your favorite treat?
Mmmmmm......favorite treat.....I think I'll have to go with warm homemade chocolate cookies and very cold milk. But then there is Miss Trunchbull's cake. Lately, I've loved having a grapefruit (or 2) everyday. OH! and Chili's chips and salsa!

What is your favorite color?
My favorite color...ummm...that's a tuffy. I like lots of colors....but I always seem to be drawn to earthy colors......I mostly love muted colors....nothing too bright. This fall I am adding some blacks to my decor. And......we have barn red front doors which I love!

What is one of your unique talents?
I enjoy doing a lot of things....but let's see...something unique....i'm not double jointed or can't do splits or anything like that. I have been complimented on my 'small talk' ability and able to talk with most people and make friends pretty easily. Not that I am all that outgoing..,.(I'm really basically a behind-the-scenes girl).

What is your favorite quote?
I have several notebooks full of quotes!  One that I re-read this morning will have to do:
"Let there be peace in not knowing all the answers." -Cheryl Richardson

Who inspires you and why?
I am inspired daily by my our family. as I watch and notice a lot of their everyday comings and goings....their love and care for each other and others. I'm inspired by my grandchildren as they face the challenges and blessings in their lives. I am especially inspired by our 4 grandchildren who are currently serving as full time missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am also inspired by several dear friends as well as others which there is not time to mention.



I adore our #1,2,3,4,5!!!! We are so proud and blessed to have them to call our own!
(we are hesitant sometimes to share them with all you sissies.....but now we have 100's of wonderful, beautiful, delightful, kind, lovely, women with grit, that we are getting to know and love!)
YOUR SISTER CIRCLE was and is,  a truly heavenly inspired sisterhood!

Bucket of hugs to all of you darling sissies! 
XXXOOO Dix
********************************
And just to add our 5 cents!! (get it? FIVE!? HA!)
Our Mom has had a very trying last couple of months. We have watched her struggle with her physical and mental health... and we have watched her scratch and claw her way back to us.... We are glad to say that after a few very long months...we have our MOM BACK!! We have one of "those annoyingly fantastic Moms" that can do anything...haha. 
She can create ANYTHING.... sewing, painting, crafting, building, cooking, ideas, gifts..you name it, she can do it. Slowly but surely...and 100% through her faith and prayers (and all of ours) she is BACK!! And we are so grateful.
KA-CHOW!
WE LOVE YOU MAMA!!
p.s. Mom doesn't have an Instagram account...but she monitors all of ours DAILY! SO if you ever want to get a hold of her..she is WATCHING!! (that sounds so creepy)



NEXT UP!!
BAM!
THE DARLING
DANI!!
ADORABLE!! 

What is your full name?
My full name is Danielle Malloy Simonsen, but I've gone by Dani my entire life. I am married to the man of my dreams, Tyler and we have 2 beautiful children. Jordan Danielle is 2. and Emma Payton is 8 weeks old.

What is your Instagram user name?

@danielle_simonsen 
PLEASE come find me! I want to meet you all!!!!!!

Where do you live?
I live in Riverton, Utah. We got so lucky 2 years ago and found the most beautiful home!! My husband and I very much enjoy remodeling and making it our own. (follow me on instagram and you'll see how crazy we are with all our projects! )

What is your favorite treat?

I LOVE chocolate, but who doesn't!? I love almost anything with chocolate and peanut butter. (Homemade Reese's Peanut Butter Cups....YUUUUM!!) I'm also on a Peanut Butter M&M's kick lately.....gosh they're so good.

What is your favorite color?

My favorite color has always been green. A nice springy green. I am always drawn to that color. I also love turquoise and purple. 

What is your favorite quote?

I'm not sure if this is necessary a quote, but more of a motto that I try to live by. "You can do hard things" My mom constantly reminded me of this when I was in high school and college. School was HARD! and there were several times when I just wanted to give up, but my Mom's best advice to me was always, "You can do hard things, Dani" I am forever grateful for this reminder! Because now that I have 2 children, 2 beautiful but HARD girls...... I often whisper to myself, "I can do hard things". I'm feeling prompted to share a story close to my heart... A little over a year ago I was at one of my best friend's wedding at the Salt Lake Temple. As soon as I got out of the temple I checked my phone and I had several missed calls from my brother-in-law. I thought, "that's weird.....why is he calling me so many times?" He called again and when I answered he said in a broken and cracked voice, "Dani......Tyler is hurt" (Tyler is my husband) "We were golfing......the ball came out of nowhere......I'm so sorry Dani....I"m so sorry. It hit him right in the eye. You should get to the hospital right away" Tears instantly stung my eyes. I was so confused. I rushed to the ER and found my husband laying on the bed covered in blood with his whole face wrapped. Long story short, Tyler lost his eye that day. They tried to repair it the best they could, but his eye was essentially shattered. After several days Tyler came to the conclusion that he could not see. He had to make the decision to have his eye removed. As you can imagine, this was a very hard time for us. I reminded myself daily for weeks as I had to clean his eye several times a day, help him to the bathroom, help him shower,  " I can do hard things". There were times that I would go outside where no one could hear me and cry. Just bawl my eyes out. It wasn't fair......Tyler didn't deserve this, I didn't deserve this, Jordan (our daughter) didn't deserve this. I spent hours praying for help. I had to have FAITH. Faith that our Heavenly Father would give us strength. Tyler needed strength to get back to work and life. Strength to battle depression. I needed strength to take care of Tyler, strength to take care of our home and baby because Tyler wasn't able to. After going through such a hard time, Tyler and I know we can survive anything. WE CAN DO HARD THINGS! 
(WOW! YES WE CAN!!)



Tell us one person that inspires you and why?
My 2 daughters are my inspiration. My girls are constantly inspiring me to be a better person. A better wife and a better mom. My 2 year old Jordan is always so forgiving. Even when I get frustrated with her and put her in front of the TV all day because I feel like I can't deal with life, she will smother me with kisses and whisper to me, "I wuv you Mommy. You're my best fren". What an amazing example.... an example of pure love. I will always to strive to be a better person for my girls. I'm sure every mom out there can definitely relate to this!


I love this Sister Circle so much! I have 3 amazing sisters  and 3 sister-in-laws of my own....but we can never have enough "sisters"! I have been fortunate in my life to be so close to my sisters and I love them all dearly. But like I said, you can never have enough! I am so grateful for this outlet to meet new beautiful and inspiring women. I look forward to continuing to find new friends and sisters that inspire me on a daily basis! 


WELL HOLY MOLY!! Anyone NOT in love with Dani right now!!??????
Thank you SO MUCH Dani for sharing your life with us!
WE LOVE YOU!!!




#HUGSTIMESFIVE #PLUSTHEMOM

No comments:

Post a Comment