.

.

.

.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

I Like Myself...

These 3 little words have been embedded in my brain from a young age. My Dad would put Brian Tracy affirmations on our intercom throughout the house and come and turn it on in our rooms so we could hear. Always telling us "I like myself". Wanting us to say it in the mirror until we believed it.  He wanted us to become strong young women with self confidence.
.
.
.
Aren't we the cutest??
(Kim, Kristi, Me, Keri, Baby Annie, and our cute Mom)
Yes I have a helmet on. It was a little cracked skull mishap. I'm good now...lol
.
.
.
Before I go on I will introduce myself. I am Sister #4. Amie. I am the SHY one.
Being the shy one is hard at times.
When my sisters and I decided we wanted to go on this journey, and be REAL, I was like huh??
Real?? Who does that?
 You want me to make a video? Say what?
 How about I just do everyone's hair and stay out of the limelight??
They didn't like that idea.
 I have to be early for everything, for fear of someone looking at me. If you walk in late, people stare!
I DO NOT like being the center of attention,
I'm pretty sure Annie took all of that from me LOL!
.
I make mistakes.
A Lot!
.
I am not the best spiritually. That's a daily struggle.
But I know Heavenly Father is there for me.
I know what is right.
.
I can be extremely lazy.
.
I like reality shows way too much.
.
I am a procrastinator.
.
So here I am....
Trying to be real...
.
.
Here are my little munchkins
(I shouldn't say little, all but the baby are taller than me)
Justin is 16.
11th grader

Tyson is 14.
9th grader

Meghan is 13
7th grader

Camille is 8.
3rd grader.

 I love my kids. Like a lot!!! We laugh. They have funny personalities.
Doesn't mean they don't drive me crazy......
Doesn't mean I don't wanna run far far away sometimes.........
At times I do have to go find my happy place and breath for a half hour or like 7 half hours.
They are hard work.
 But they bring me great joy also. The good out weighs the bad.
 The more they get older and have to face challenges, the more I wish they could all just live with me forever.
I will miss them when they all leave the house to make their own path.
.
.
This is my hubby of 17 years (18 on May 10th)!!!
I love him more than life itself. I met Chad when I was having a hard time in my life.
When I didn't know which direction I was going.
He helped me see the light at the end of the tunnel.
I call him my Savior.
He makes me laugh. Sometimes we don't like each other.
Marriage is hard. Marriage takes work, but I wouldn't want to do it with anyone else.
I. Am. Blessed.
.
.
.
So...... onto my point from the start.....
even though my Dad tried his hardest to raise our self-esteem,
that didn't mean I never struggled.
In fact I still do to this day. Which is so perfect for why we are doing this. I know that helping sisters through our blog is going to help me as well.
.
I read the most amazing little quote/story from the Ensign this past month. It sort of struck me.
It goes like this...
.
"One woman who had been through years of trial and sorrow said through her tears, 'I have come to realize that I am like an old 20-dollar bill--crumpled, torn, dirty, abused, and scared. But....I am still worth the full 20-dollars."
.
.
Ladies, No matter our struggles.....No matter how much we suck at being a mother some days....Or a wife, or a friend, or a daughter. I am bad at those things all the time, but we are still worth the 20-dollars. In fact I'm going to raise it and say we are 100-dollars.
 And we are still worth every penny.
.
You know I have never been much of a leader. Never been good at relaying a message.
Honestly I just like to sit back
and have people tell me what to do.
I'm the one who speaks less.
I'd rather have it that way. It has to do with
my insecurities.
Being confident in my decisions.
 I am always second guessing myself.
But during the LDS Conference I was hit in the head by this. It was from the David Archuleta special I think...
"Being a leader is not about being able to communicate properly or being able to be in front of a lot of people teaching or tell them what to do. I am a leader by example....by serving!"
.
And that's what I am going to do. I don't have to be the best speaker, because I definitely am not. I don't have to be the best housekeeper, or homework helper.
I just try every day.
All I can do is do my best.
Do my best to help uplift, to help build, to help everyone of us feel just an inch taller.
.
.
Each of you tell yourself in the mirror
"I like myself"
"I can overcome"
"I am beautiful"
Because you are!!!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful Amie!!!! You are amazing in every way! Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. **tears** Amie i love you----I know this was hard and out of your comfort zone, so proud of you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. We know there are a lot of shy peeps out there. Thanks Trichelle for your comment. Keep coming back!

      Delete
  4. It's so hard to be put in the spotlight and acknowledge our weaknesses. You have an amazing family so there's no doubt in my mind that you are just as amazing and talented!! What a joy to get to know you better! I love ALL my new "sisters"!!!❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn for your kinds words. You did indeed make Amie smile.

      Delete
  5. Amie, I totally relate to you. I am shy. Like, leaving a comment makes me nervous shy. Ha ha. Anyway, I just want you to know that I really appreciate your message and what you sisters are doing here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie, Shy people rock! Thanks for coming out of your comfort zone and sharing your light with us. We appreciate your kind comment.

      Delete
  6. You may be shy, but you're also courageous. Love your story. PS: Great name!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, HA!! Love your name too!! Thanks for your comment...being courageous is scary man!

      Delete