.

.

.

.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Push it---push it real good!


I've been SMACKED!
Right in the face! :)
Smacked real good-------
I don't wanna go on and on, {maybe I should} but i gotta tell ya what happened {happening} the last few days.
So its sissy #5 here....{hi all the buddies}
And we are now on our THIRD closing date for our home.
The contractor is a good guy but right now, I really wanted to blog about tips and tricks on how to hide your contractors BODY.
Not that i have any clue or real advice on this, but you get my point.
Given we have to be OUT of our town-home in 6 days and i reeeeeeally don't see the house being done.
Unless there is a Miracle.{and you all know how I feel about those}
So while i am an OPTIMIST...and mike is a PESSIMIST.
YOU can see exactly where we are at.
{for the love of everything that's holy}
So-----Mike got a Storage bay yesterday :)
 and this weekend we are moving into THAT. lol
Its right down the street from our new home, so thaaaats convenient,{I said that really sarcastically}
The last three days we have been sick, like the flu, I wanna die right now----kinda sick. Like we had to wash every towel and bedding kinda sick. 
Soooooo that's ALSO awesome and super! {Insert sarcasm here}
Dunno really what we are going to do.....but wait.
And the kids school?  that's whole nuther stress nest.
.
So while feeling totally and utterly defeated last night......the wind has completely stopped and I'm just sitting in the middle of the ocean.........all alone.  waiting............ super bored..............Hungry and sun burnt.
Hows that for dramatic?
.
So I was sitting in bed last night.....kept having the prompting to read my scriptures and get caught up.
I didn't read them the day before because, well---- I was on my death bed.
So I grabbed them, and I literally "Sighed" {how rude right?}
I never sigh---especially the last 3 months of devoted seeking and learning.
I had to read two days worth to get caught up to Mosiah 15.
Also the @bofm365 i follow on instagram had amazing comments and i wrote alot down, but nothing stood out to me.
But I did feel better folding my book up and going to bed.
.
I wake up to a text and an email from my friend who felt inspired to share a story with me this morning. Its called  "Pushing against the rock"
So--In a teeny tiny nut shell:
The man was told to push against this rock with all his might So he did. Urry day.....For many years.
He never moved the rock.
One day he felt defeated and Satan SWOOPS in an puts doubts in his mind. Making him feel worse.
Until he finally took his troubled heart to the lord and prayed and said "Lord i have labored long and hard in your service and put all my strength to do what you have asked. Why am I failing?
The lord then replied " My friend, long ago when I asked you to serve me you accepted {Pre-existence right?} which you have done. Your task was to PUSH, I never asked you to move it. You have not failed, your legs are massive and hard, hands callused, your arms strong and muscled.....ect.
His calling was to be OBEDIENT and push!!
Exercise your faith and trust in his WISDOM!
.
.
THIS--- was what I needed to hear.
I feel sooooooooooooo blessed to be moving my family into a beautiful NEW home. 
And guilty that i wasn't being patient through the process.
So i was hiding my frustration this week cuz i do NOT for a second want to be ungrateful.
When I see gods marks on his hands-----it reminds me of ME!
Now, how can I make it so when the lord looks at ME, it reminds him of himself?
Continue to be obedient and eventually everything falls into place, like its suppose to.
Everything will be ok.
I have many YEARS ahead of memories yet to be made in our new home....living next door to my seeeester.
.
In her text { Hi Natalie} she also said, "He is aware of you"
I said a quick prayer and told HF that i trust in him completely and I DO have faith things will be ok. 
Oh------and I also prayed that the house angels will be sent down and help finish things up.  lol
Everyone needs house angels!
.
So I'm going to just do what I have control over..... which is pack up!
I have work to do---no time to be whiny boo boo pants!
.
In 3 /4 weeks I will look back and LAUGH------I  KNOW IT!

 I found this gem.......This is Mike and Charlee.
4 years ago.....:)
Instagram

2 comments:

  1. I have loved this story for many years! It helps me remember how important it is to trust in the Lord and His timing and to see He is always there for us no matter what! Annie- fingers crossed that you are in your house very soon !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie, Annie is truly inspiring as everyone has a story to share. We appreciate your comment and willingness to share with us! Great news today as it so happens, Annie is moving into her new house ..after a few days of trial and delayed deadline after delayed deadline....we are extremely happy for their family! Have a super day!

      Delete