.

.

.

.

Friday, April 25, 2014

SISTER HIGHLIGHTS!!!

OK!! Here we go!! Are you ready!!????
These 3 sisters are SIMPLY FAN-TAS-TIC!!!
And we ALL get to KNOW THEM!!

It's been so dang fun!!




FIRST UP..........................

The beautiful
ROSALYN PACE

Where do you live?
San Antonio, Texas

What is your favorite treat?
Butter Pecan Ice Cream

What is your favorite color?
Pink

Tell us one of your talents?
I would have to say being creative

Tell us one person that inspires you and why?
My husband is a true inspiration because of how calm he is in any situation. The roof could be falling in and kids running around while I get anxious he handles stressful situations so much better than I do. I always strive to do better each day.

Please feel free to tell us anything you feel like sharing!  
I am a military spouse of 11 years this May! A mother of 3 little men ages 5,4 and 2 who are more than a handful. In addition a graduate student with hopes of being complete the first of next year with a Masters in Management...GO MAVERICKS! Advocate for Infertility Awareness which I have been through myself and if I can help or be a shoulder I am there. And lastly, I have a small business 89 Wishes where I carry multiple hats as a wedding/event planner, florist, and stylist. Love being creative and helping people with my God given talents, truly  humbled and it brings me such a high as I see my clients faces.

Please give us any feedback or ideas you have for your sister circle!!
I absolutely love the sister circle. Many do not have sisters me included and look to your close girlfriends for the support that you need, for laughs and just someone to be there. I have found in this short time of being on Instagram so many lovely women that I can call friend. Now I have a group of sisters that I look forward to seeing each day.

(She has a favorite quote and we'll talk about that one later in the post)

ISN'T SHE FREAKIN' ADORABLE!!! 
You can follow Rosalyn on Instagram @e9wdesigns




NEXT UP....

The one and only 

HAUNANI THUNELL
(cutest name ever)


Where do you live? 
Allen, TX

What is your favorite treat?
Carrots and celery...just kidding, chips and salsa (I could seriously live on that stuff!)
 
What is your favorite color? 
Red 
Tell us one of your unique talents? 
Hmmm...I'm a super speedy texter (but not while I'm driving!) I can play the piano and sing a little.  And I write stuff down.  But I think a unique talent that I have, that might not be on everyone's list of talents, is to open my house and invite people into it.  I love making food for people, sharing this space that we have, and being the gathering spot.  So...gathering?  Is that a talent??  I hope so.  
(she ALSO had a favorite quote that will be later in the post)
 
Tell us one person that inspires you and why?  
Sister Hinckley, because she was wise and kind and always knew what mattered most. She taught me that people are more important than stuff.  I love women who are spiritual and strong, intelligent and humble, women who have been places and seen things, but yet who are still compassionate and kind.  Julie B Beck, Sherri Dew, Patricia Holland, Maya Angelou...all of those women are inspiring and amazing to me. 
 
Here's some other random stuff about Haunani...
I love road trips.  I love to see how the landscape of the country changes from one state to another.  I love the earth.  I love to drive around chasing the sunrise to try and capture a permanent picture of it.  I love Mexican food.  I secretly wish I spoke Spanish.  I'm adopted.  I'm Hawaiian.  I grew up in California and have lived in five different states in my life so far.  My husband and I met in HS, have been married for 20 years and have 4 amazing kids.  I have the extreme privilege of staying home and having this house and their lives be my full time job.  We moved from Mendon, UT to Allen, TX in 2010 and we love it here.  The church is amazing in Dallas!  I love the pelicans in Cache Valley UT.  I'm not a fan of snow, although I would love to drive snowplow someday.  I love the beach and the sound of the waves hitting the shore.  I dream every single night in full color with vivid details that I can remember most mornings.  I am an obsessive journal-er.  My goal in life is to sing in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  And I am completely addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper.  
Please give us any feedback or ideas you have for your sister circle!!
Thanks again so much, girls, for this amazing little community of sisterhood you are striving to pull together.  I love feeling like part of something awesome and inspiring, and you are definitely that!  
  
COULD YOU JUST SQUEEZE HER TO DEATH!!???
You can follow Haunani on Instagram at @haunaniann
Instagram




And for the grand finale......

Say hello to the stunning
ALLIENE MILLER
(pronounced AL-LEAN)

Where do you live?
I live in southern Arizona in a small town. Well actually between two small towns- Benson and Pomerene

 What is your favorite treat?
 My favorite treat is dark chocolate with almonds. Or rocky road ice cream with almonds (not peanuts.) Or Chobani flips coconut with dark chocolate and almonds. Or almonds dipped in Nutella. Are you sensing a pattern here? But of the non chocolate non almond persuasion I love all lemon desserts (mmm tart!), strawberry shortcake with biscuits and real whipped cream (not a pound cake gal) and homemade ice cream. You could say treats are an important part of my life. And I may just be a treat snob!
  
What is your favorite color?
My favorite color is hard to narrow down. (Go figure...I just named like 14 treats instead of one favorite!) I love yellow.  Turquoise blue is so pretty. Kelly green has always been a favorite. And orange. I like orange. Blue, purple and red. I really love most colors except dusty mauve. Ugh. Is that a color? Because I'm pretty sure I wore a bridesmaids dress for one of my sister's weddings in "Dusty Mauve". Sorry if I'm offending anyone but I'm glad that color went away. It is gone right???

Tell us one of your talents?
I feel like I've lost some of my talents but I'm pretty good at throwing parties, decorating for weddings, cooking and baking. I make some pretty good homemade ice cream. I can also make pretty decent homemade salsa. But mostly I'm super funny. Ha. We'll I'm "kind of" sarcastic and I like to make people laugh so I pretend I'm really funny. But I guess none of those are really unique...so my most unique thing is I can stack some coins on my forearm, (underside up) with my hand back to my shoulder and quickly throw my hand down to catch the coins in the air. Yeah. Pretty amazing. I could've been in the circus

What is your favorite quote?
My favorite quote is from Gordon Hinckley: "In all of living have much fun and laughter.  Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." It's a good daily reminder for me. But I've just come across another one that I'm loving too: "If I live my beliefs everyday, God can use even someone as ordinary as I am to change the world." That one is from Brad Wilcox.
 
 Tell us one person that inspires you and why?
 I am having a hard time narrowing down my inspiring person to just one...my dad always inspired me with his ability to make friends wherever he went, his never ending acts of service and his unconditional love. Even though he passed away over 12 years ago he still is one of my biggest inspirations.  My husband inspires me in the way he loves me and our children, serves in our church in his busy, time-consuming calling and in his love for God. He is patient and kind and my best friend. And he laughs at my jokes. I'm so very lucky and blessed to have him as my eternal companion for 20+ years! I also have three birthmothers that I am so blessed to have as friends in my life. They inspired me with their completely selfless acts of placing their beautiful babies in my family, allowing me a chance to be a mother. They were wise beyond their years.  They inspire me each day to be a better mother and to not take my children for granted. Their kind, beautiful hearts are filled with love and an understanding of our Heavenly Father's plan. They are truly inspiring to me! 

DON'T YOU JUST WANNA SPEND LIKE A WHOLE WEEKEND HANGING OUT WITH ALLIENE???
you can follow Alliene on Instagram @allienemiller
Instagram

Ok HI....#3 sister here...I kinda saved something until the end of the post. When I emailed a few sisters about doing their highlight...Both Rosalyn and Haunani had the exact same favorite quote....which was SO WEIRD because I (along with the rest of my sisters) have this EXACT quote hanging somewhere in our house. 
So I thought...THIS IS NO COINCIDENCE!! OH NO....no INDEED LADY!!
SO... I felt like I needed to do a special highlight of the quote itself. 
Here's a picture of it hanging in my home...and I will type it out for you below because it is FANTASTIC AND 100% PURE TRUTH!!

 "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.  We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some ~ it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we consciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" 
(Marianne Williamson)
YOU ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE!!! 
WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE!!!!????? 
SHINE SISTERS!!!! SHINE!!!!

I sang that....and snap snap snap!!!
DO IT!!



 



4 comments:

  1. I love reading these awesome bios on some super Fabulous "sisters" Thank you so much, once again for putting together this much needed sisters circle. PS that quote made me cry... such a powerful thought to take in and so needed for us as women!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed the post! We've post many more sister highlights too!

      Delete
  2. I laughed, and then I cried, just like you Natalie. That quote hit somewhere really deep in me. Amazing women highlighted here, such fun personalities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trichelle, Thanks for your comment! It's so fun to get to know women around the world...that are just like you and me. Have a super day!

      Delete