.

.

.

.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

In one Sentence......



Sister #5 here!!  :)
I have had a racing mind today---
Thinking about our parents.
Maybe its because my mom isn't feeling her best lately....
And we have had many prayers for her.
.
.
So as I was doing all my GA-ZILLION motherly duties today, I kept thinking....what has my mom taught me?
What has my dad taught me?
Could I combine all the things over the last 37 years into ONE sentence?





 
I sent a quick text out to my sisters....
And asked them........
In one sentence could you tell me what you have learned from mom?
What have you learned from dad?
.
.
My heart is so FULL!
Because it didn't take more then 3 minutes and the texts came flooding in.
THEY did not hesitate.
They did not have to THINK about it.
Its because we KNOW!
 



 
Our Mother:
Has taught us how to be creative.
Use what we have.
Surround our homes with things WE love and that inspire us.
Make our house a home.
She has overcome childhood hardships and created a forever family for HER and for her posterity.
Love, hard work, determination to overcome and FAITH!
Visiting teaching.
Sew, cross stich, garden, paint, and be good at hiding new clothes and shoes from our dad!
The little things...........the details.
 Family is everything!
.
Our Father:
Unconditional love to its fullest.
We can do anything we set our minds to.
Try again. And then try again. and then TRY AGAIN til you make it.
Strength, Service, and bonding relationships.
Integrity and never...ever....EVER....give up!
Fish, paint, tape and mud, sand Sheetrock, Tar a stupid roof and mow lawns with snakes!
{not kidding}
Hope and charity and to speak softly.
.
.
So grateful for our foundation.
Some of us have wavered,.......but still came home to open and loving arms.
I am---forever in debt.
I'm sure my older sisters agree with my feelings today.
.
.
My parents {mostly my dad}
have ALSO taught us how to be nerdy.
Loud.
and annoying!
 



 
 
Stop for a few minutes......write some things down about your parents.....
Whether its positive OR negative, there is ALWAYS good and lessons learned.
  ALWAYS!
Seek them.
Understand them.
And USE them......
.
.
And share them!  :)

 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post! I love your parents! I have some fond and funny memories of them! Thank you also for bring awareness to the things I have learned from my parents. They made me who I am in many ways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennie, thanks for your kind comment. That's so great that you know our parents. They do kinda getta around! So grateful for the family and that Heavenly Father gave us each one!

      Delete