.

.

.

.

Friday, April 11, 2014

Sister Highlights!!

Our circle is getting bigger!
We love meeting all you ladies.....:)
.
MEET Erica!
{love this picture of her}
One of two we are excited to HIGHLIGHT this week!
She is a darling mother of three and always has the sweetest funniest things to say-----
Hope you enjoy getting to know her too!
Where do you live?
I live in Idaho. In a little home on 3 perfect acres. With the loves of my life and a few animals.
What is your favorite treat?
Ugh! I can only pick one? ;) Utah Mint truffles. A-MA-ZING!! Reeses PB eggs is close second.
.
What is your favorite color?
Green.
.
  Tell us one of your unique talents?
I love to crochet. I'm getting pretty darn good at it.
.
What is your favorite quote?
“Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” — Joshua J. Marine
Tell us one person that inspires you and why? My grandma. She had been gone for almost 5 years, but she still inspires me. She was always the best mother, wife, grandma, and friend. She was the wife of a farmer and she put up with a lot. She was so strong in the gospel and such a forgiving soul. As I transcribe all her journals she still inspires me every single day. I hope some day to be half as awesome as she was.
.
 You girls are all so sweet! Thank you for featuring me!!
.
.
I am totally in LOVE with the fact the Erica is transcripting
 {is that a word?}
her Grandmas' Journals!
THAT inspires me.....we all have a story to tell, and its obvious that her grandma had  A GREAT one to share and you are keeping it alive.
  Many blessings to you I'm sure!! :)
If you want to get to know her MORE, you can follow her on Instagram----  @enjvanbeb
She is an absolute DOLL!
.
.
Next UP?
This beauty,
Lewaina


Ok.... Here goes.... This is kinda out on a limb for me. Wayyyy out of my comfort zone...
I live in small unincorporated farming community, in the Unitah Basin, in eastern Utah. I'm a short plump Idaho girl that married a tall cowboy, from the Utah desert. Cows and horses are my closest neighbors and I pretty much like it that way. I love what the city has to offer, but oh, give me the country for my home! My husbands grandfather came to America from Sweden, and homesteaded here in the basin when they opened the Indian lands up for homesteading. Apx 1905. He and his father in law built the home I live in out of native sandstone. It's old, and I love it. Grandpa and grandma raised 9 children here, and my father in law raised 5 children here, and we have raised 6 children here. I wonder who will be the lucky ones to have it after us.  We drive to Altamont for church and school, our mail comes from Bluebell, and my husband works in Roosevelt. We drive 48 miles East to Vernal for stuff that's not just gas or groceries. I.e., the Temple, DI ( my fav thrift store ever) Wal-mart, jo Ann fabric, the rec center with an in door pool etc. Like I said, we have 6 kids, one of them is adopted, 5 of them are married and our cows tail is 17. We have nie onto 12 ( one is due in a couple of weeks) grandchildren. THEY are such a source of happiness!!!  Like no other!!!! 
..
My favorite treat is, ummm, well, anything with chocolate and peanutbutter, or popcorn in almost any form, salted and buttered with hot tamales in it is so so good. I love anything with Carmel and nuts.  I also love coconut and chocolate.... Do you see an evil pattern here? #grannyswhowalk
.

My favorite color is red. Deep dark red. But I also kinda have a crush on lavender paired with grey.

.
Talent. Gee, well, I play the piano. And if you aren't particular about notes or timing, I'm your girl. BUT, I love to sew by hand. With a needle and thread. And I don't know if its a talent or a skill or insanity, but I enjoy sewing our linen clothing that we wear to Rendezvous. I love seeing my family wearing an article of clothing I've hand sewn using 18/19 century patterns and methods. 
Nerd alert..... But, did you know, that a woman or a girl in the 18/19 century sewed 18 stitches per inch! Holy cow! That's tiny stitching!
.
.Favorite quote....1 Nephi 3:7. It's always been pretty powerful to me. From the smallest of things, up to and including the refiners fires,  if its a commandment, or if The Lord allows it to happen in my life, I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that there is a way I can do it. That doesn't mean it will be easy, but it means i'll be able to live through it! :-D  Which means a lot to me.  You know that flight or fight theory?, Well, I'm a flyer! All. The. Way.
.

Person who inspires me....I've thought about this all afternoon. Soooo many people have given/give me inspiration. I'm so grateful for my mom, my children, dear friends, but I think about the person I sleep with each and every night, the one who chews so loudly sometimes I just feel like slapping him..... The one I get cross with when I'm tired. The one I complain the loudest to, and sometimes anout. The one I get the most flustered with when he leaves stuff all over, the one who holds my hand when I'm near him, the one who washes my dishes sometimes when I've gone to bed exhausted. The one who works stinkin hard and allows me to spend his hard earned money, the one who is always willing to help me by being the heave ho guy for all my hair brained ideas. The one who eats anything I put on his plate. The one who washes his own clothes if I haven't. The one who fulfills every church calling with love and faith. The one who gave me 6 children and took them everywhere he went, like a gaggle of geese following after him. That's the one that gives me so much inspiration. He bought me my dream sewing machine when we were first married and told me if I would learn to sew I could buy all the fabric I ever wanted. I did learn to sew, and I have bought and am still buying that fabric! But most of all, it's all the stuff throughout the thick and thin of our 35 yrs of marriage. Its helping and loving a wife who struggles with anxiety and fears. It's the little things, and the big. It's his kindness even when he's tired. His faith in The Lord is strong and sure and his testimony is unwavering. He patiently helps me along temporally and spiritually. Oh yes, he does clomp through the house with mud on his boots, but it's usually to put another log on the fire, or something else to keep me comfortable.


As you can see, I'm the ornery cranky one in our family! True story. My husband is very kind and loving. He's honest as the day is long. And I couldn't have had a better dad for my kids. He believes I can do anything I set my mind or heart on. I'm so grateful for him and his love and faith in me!
.
.
THANK YOU Lewania for stepping out of your comfort zone and sharing with all of us, for being real and honest.
Your Quote/scripture gave me goosies and the love you have for you Husband purely shines through!! :)
and not to mention #grannieswhowalk ha!
If you wanna follow Her on Instagram to get to know her more......its @Cliffsideranch
Thank you sweet ladies for shareing and making our circle bigger and stronger with amazing SISTERS!
We. are. all. in. this. together!
XOXO!
Happy Friday!!!!


2 comments:

  1. nice to "meet" you lovely ladies!! I can't wait to wait more of you!

    ReplyDelete