.

.

.

.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

YUM!!

HI Ladies!
 
Sissy #4 here.....
 
I am going to show you how to make one of my most
favorite meals EVER!
 
This blog is about sharing right? So I'm gonna SHARE!
 
Not by video of course, (I no likey!) but by pictures.
First I would like to say that I am NOT a
photographer, but I wanted you to see the steps.
 
I call this Red Chicken.
(Originally called Teriyaki Chicken, but I like Red Chicken better)
 
All but one of my children like it! That's a win win!
I got this recipe from my old ward cookbook from like 10 years ago (Thanks Jody!)
It seriously is the best.
 
 RED CHICKEN
 
4-5 boneless chicken breasts
2 tsp. garlic salt
1 c. cornstarch
3 beaten eggs
1/4 c. oil
 

So first you put the chicken in a bowl and sprinkle with garlic salt, then set aside.
(gross uncooked chicken not shown for a reason)

 
Get your pan ready by pouring the oil in the bottom and turn the stove on med-high!
I usually add more oil then it calls for.

 
Next you beat the eggs in a shallow dish and put the cornstarch in a big baggie.
Then put the chicken in the bag and shake it up!!
(don't forget to close the baggie first lol)

Once the chicken is coated with the cornstarch you then coat it with the beaten eggs.
 
Then you fry the chicken in the HOT oil until golden brown.
 
Then you of course arrange the chicken all pretty in a pretty dish! :)

 
 
Now onto the sauce.
Here are all the ingredients you need.
 
SAUCE
 
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. red wine vinegar
1/4 c. pineapple juice
3 T. ketchup
1 T. soy sauce
1 tsp. accent
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4-1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
Although it calls for cayenne, it's really not a spicy recipe. It's more sweet.
 I usually add the 1/4 tsp. and it's not bad at all!
And...
I always double the sauce recipe!!!!
 
You mix them all together in a microwave safe bowl then microwave it for 3 minutes.

 
Then pour it all over the chicken.
 
Then you cook in a 350 degree preheated oven for 45 min, turning the chicken over
 halfway through.
Waalaa!


 
And you MUST serve this over rice!!! It's so yummy.

 
 Well there you have it.
My first recipe post.
 It probably won't be the last.
I do enjoy cooking
most of the time.
Although I do have
mommy moments where it's cold cereal or grilled cheese!!


“...no one is born a great cook, one learns by doing.”
Julia Child
 
Trial and error is how I learned to cook.
I was once very bad!
My husband never lets me live down my 4 lemon chicken. Ha!
(insert sour face here)
 
 I only knew how to cook Ramen, Mac & Cheese or Spaghetti.
Only because I was very very picky as a child. 
 
 But I do enjoy it now and I love new recipes.
I hope you try it and enjoy it.
Happy Cooking everyone!
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment