.

.

.

.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

An Exalted Gift....


Have you ever thought of weakness as a gift?

Last week, I had the opportunity to teach 20 women about health. 
I LOVE this subject! 
I believe that we are in absolute control of how 
we feel, act, and how 
we experience life.  
 I am an Holistic Health Coach. 
And I LOVE helping and aiding others......


I love everything about empowering others to be
 in charge and in control of their own life experiences.... 


"And if men 
Come Unto Me
 I will show unto them their weakness, ..."
(Ether 12:27)

Have you ever noticed a time in your life when you feel that your weaknesses are very evident?
 Like screaming at you..... even saying something like.... 
"Hey - here I am!"
I used to think that sin and weakness where the same thing....
BUT THEY ARE NOT!
Weakness is not a sin! WOOT ! WOOT! 

".......I give unto men weakness that they may be humble:
 and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me, 
and have faith in me, 
then will I make weak things become strong unto them."  Ether 12:27

So where do weaknesses come from?


Have you ever thought of that?
I was so HARD on myself for being weak. 
with my thoughts and my emotions...
beating myself up....
(You guys probably never do that...)


In the scriptures,  it tells us where they come from.....
From our Savior Jesus Christ!

Are you seeing weakness as a GIFT yet?
I think that is so comforting to know truth....

I LOVE CHOCOLATE!
Is that a weakness????
(this one is not that big of a deal, right?)
"I would like another box of chocolates, please..."?"


Sometimes it feels as if we are looking through
"weakness glasses"
(you know those really thick ugly ones...ya those...)

 and you can literally see EVERY weakness that you have? 
Have you felt this way? 
I have! many times!

Sometimes it feels so overwhelming....



Until I learned something a few weeks ago.....


Let me tell you what I learned.....

The scripture I quoted above states that if we COME UNTO HIM, meaning Jesus Christ,
 HE WILL SHOW UNTO US OUR WEAKNESSES..... 
So does that literally mean that when we become
closer to Christ
our weaknesses
 become more visible to us? 

YES!!! 
That is exactly what it means!
When I understood that.... I about started jumping for joy!!! 

Eat that Satan!
(Don't take my chocolate though)

Here I thought so many times I was falling short ...which I probably was...
but it wasn't because I was failing... 
It was because I was succeeding!
Imagine that! 
DA-DA-DA-DA!


I have always .....my whole life .....craved a relationship with my Savior Jesus Christ. 
I have always wanted to be close to Him and for Him to be my best Friend.

I read everything I could on revelation and how I could commune with God.
I wanted answers.
I wanted to hear his voice and speak to him as a child would speak to his Father.

I wanted to hear him.
I wanted to know that I was doing what He has asked me to do in this life.
 I wanted to know that I was OK and that I was important. That I had value and worth.

I TRULY WANTED TO KNOW HIM!!

"And he said unto me,
My grace is sufficient for thee:
for my strength is made PERFECT in WEAKNESS......"

WHAT????? Did you just read what I read!!!!
Is that a miracle....?
 YES!

Paul continues....
"Most gladly
therefore will I rather
glory in my infirmities,
that the
power of Christ may rest upon me...."

THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!
(2 Corinthians 12:9)

I guess my question to you is,,,,
WHO DO YOU WANT TO BE????
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BECOME?
AND HOW ARE YOU GOING TO GET THERE?
do you have "weakness" that can get you there....?
Isn't that a great question?

Are we thanking our Heavenly Father for our weaknesses
that he so loving gave to us?
Or are we beating ourselves up for the very thing He gave to us to PULL US to HIM...


I believe we are in charge of our own destiny....
What do you want out of life? With those weaknesses looking at you right in the face....
ASK. Who can I become?
I think you would be surprised about your answer if you were
TRULY HONEST with your TRUE SELF!



My daughter had a baby 6 weeks ago.....

It has been the most amazing experience to watch her become a mother.
It is like she instinctively knows what to do.
and yet......She doesn't.....
But as I have watched her grow and become....
I see the GRACE of our Heavenly Father fall upon her.

 It is like she doesn't need a manual to know how to care for him...
she 
is the manual.

It is instinctively inside of her.

Does she have weakness....YES!

We all do but.....
and this is the "BUT"....

We have weakness so that we
 COME UNTO HIM. 

WE NEED HIM. 
HE IS OUR EVERYTHING!!!

These things we call "weaknesses" are gifts....
because they pull us to HIM.

He helps those weak things become our strengths.
So....do you look at weaknesses as a gift?

A GIFT TO COME TO KNOW HIM
AND BECOME LIKE HIM!!!

THAT IS AN EXALTED GIFT...

"...for when I am weak, then I am strong..."
(2 Corinthians 12:10)


Just some thoughts I wanted to share....
Love to you all!
Kim
Instagram


11 comments:

  1. Um.... So.... I'm searching for an applicable word here....! I struggle with sooooo so many things, I'm not an island I know that. This is good (lack of word) in sight. Wow. Never Ever Thought Of Weakness Like This. Ever. A gift? I've read that particular scripture in Ether like a gazillion times too. Makes sense. I'm going to ponder this today. Stuff is clicking away in my head.... ( rattling is more like it) �� Do you ever wonder if The Lord ever gets tired of our lack of "getting it" ? Or our slowness of catching on? ( I already know the answer to these questions tho) totally love this today. Thanks @yoursistercircle_kimberly for this amazing (still lacking the word) post today! #ponderingmygifts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mercy Otis/The Stone House I know eactly what you mean!! I have felt that many times! But i feel so strongly that our Heavenly Father never tires of us "lacking to get it" because He sees the beginning to the end. We are eternal beings of light. Full of his glory and majesty. Thats what He sees when He looks at us...Eternal Beings of LIGHT! ....there is a few words in the scriptures that is said more than most....and ASK is one of them. I dont know any other way to understand things better than to Ask. Love your heart...

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this message. Today for me has been a struggle, and I really really really needed to hear this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, you sisters just melt me! Seriously, did you read my pitiful, self absorbed post on Mother's Day? I was ridiculous. Thank you for this timely little reminder that we should not be ashamed of our weaknesses, but learn from them and use them to move us toward the Savior. I just love all of you so much. You really have no idea what a force for good you are in this growing circle of women you've gathered. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Haunani Thunell!! You are so sweet. We all need a little reminding of the goodness of our Father in Heaven from time to time. We are so grateful for this incredible circle of sisters!

      Delete
  4. Love this. So much. So so so much! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment. We appreciate you taking the time to comment and making our day!

      Delete
  5. This was a BEaUTiFUL post!!! I could feel every word. Such a wonderful perspective and insight. I would love to learn more about your holistic coaching too. Can you email me info? Nateed88@yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie, Thanks for your comment today. I have passed your request onto Kim...she'll be in contact soon. Have a great day!

      Delete
  6. Beautifully written my friend. Thank you for sharing your knowledge. You have blessed my life time and time again. I sure love ya!

    ReplyDelete