.

.

.

.

Friday, May 16, 2014

SISSY HIGHLIGHT!!!



 Hey y'all
Its time for 
"Sissy Highlight's!"

We have 2 new sisters to welcome! 
We are excited for you to get to know them!



First up is Mary Stock!!!

Lets hear it for 
Mary!

(Now Mary.....where can i get one of those?:):)



What is your full name? 
Mary Catherine Stock
 (Good Catholic name for a good Mormon girl raised by a good Baptist family.)


What is your Instagram user name? 
@143ladybugz 
Instagram

(Had a BFF that used to call me Ladybugz - when we’d hang up that’s what I would hear, “I love you, Ladybugz.” My friend passed away. :,-(

Where do you live? 
Currently in South Jordan, Utah- 14 years and it’s the loooooongest I’ve ever lived anywhere my entire life. Nebraska, Texas, Arizona, California and Utah...multiple cities in each state I am a 
GyPsY
 and I LoVe moving around!!



What is your favorite treat?
Fuji or Honey Crisp Apples after that ...
Brownies and Theater Popcorn - NO butter please.

What is your favorite color? 

Red....Lime green..no wait..hot pink...wait no I’d say Orange...OH!!!! I love colors. I am a floral designer by trade and the daughter and grand daughter of artists and so I love  all colors and color combinations. Color makes me
smile. 



Tell us one of your unique talents? 
(funny, nerdy, artistic, embarrassing, anything!)

 I can cross one eye while while moving the other...Oh maybe that doesn’t qualify as a true talent... hmmm- my talents can’t be hung on a wall or performed on a stage but I wouldn’t trade them for apples, popcorn or brownies! 
I see the good in people, places and things. It was a decision I made in my humble childhood and like any talent I’ve had to practice, practice, practice. 

Also, I’ve often said of myself, “I’m just an ordinary girl, having extraordinary experiences.” I’ve helped with the wedding flowers for Steve Young (the football player), grand daughters of General Authorities (for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints), decorated Christmas trees in Prophets’ homes and helped decorate the pulpits for the LDS Worldwide General Conference to name a few. 
My family tells me I am a good story teller. “Mom, you can make the most ordinary event sound like the best adventure.” ( No really the fish was like 6 feet long.... haha)




What is your favorite quote? “quotes” 

Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved.” -Thomas S. Monson - words I truly try to live by.

“It’s all fun and games until the flying monkeys attack.” -I don’t know where I found that one but I say it a lot.

“Be HapPy. Be GooD. Be hApPy that you’re gOOd.” -Me. 
(I’ve told this to my children their whole life as they leave the house...along with I love you.)

Tell us one person that inspires you and why? 

Of course my Savior, Jesus Christ- His life, teachings and Atonement guide my everyday actions. Because of Him I have a tender reverence for my Father in Heaven. The love, mercy and grace the Father has for each of His children, no matter their circumstance or level of spiritual participation is humbling and empowering. 

Next would be my husband, Ray. WOW!!! Is he a gift from above or what!! He teaches me too much to list and has forgiven me and loved me beyond comprehension. We are a fantastic team…I'm the inspiration, he's the perspiration. I think up crazy ideas and he figures out how to make it work.  “I’m just an ordinary girl who married an extraordinary man”.

Next would be my Grand mother ( who has passed on) Maynie Belle Cole. She was adventurous ( she went repelling at age 69...mmm-hmm) went back to college at age 60- ended up with a Masters - yeah!) Always thought of others (when she went to an Assisted Living Home- she volunteered to deliver mail...if she noticed a person wasn’t getting mail-she painted them a postcard addressed it and mailed it to them...can you say Tender!!!)
 I think of her everyday and miss her every second.


Do you have any feedback or ideas for "Your Sister Circle"?

Love Sister’s Circle and meeting new people.It’s been amazing to see how each of these IG Sistas are contributing to the good in this world. The adversary is weakened when good people unite to do even small good things. 
I would love to know, though, how some of these sistas got their IG names...
Tell us anything you feel like sharing!
I have always felt that nothing happens by chance, people meet for a reason. It will be fun to watch how and why this group of friends has been brought together. 
This ordinary girl is watching for the extraordinary event.
(I like this Mary! What an adventure this will be!)

Mary,
You are truly amazing!
I love your genuine heart!
YOU HAVE SUCH A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY! 
Thank you for sharing with us....
(The Prophet's Christmas tree's???....wow!)




Our Next Sister
is 
SARAH

HELLO SARAH!!!




What is your full name?
Sarah Rager


What is your Instagram user name?
@Mrssrager
Instagram

Where do you live?
Houston, TX


What is your favorite treat?
Fresh chocolate chip cookies with 
a scoop of vanilla ice cream!!!


What is your favorite color?
Coral


Tell us one of your unique talents? 
(funny, nerdy, artistic, embarrassing, anything!)

I love to create!!!!! Anything!!!! If I see something I love, instead of  wanting to purchase it, I want to learn how to make it.  From furniture to food, cute clothes to home decor I love to create!!! (Or maybe I'm just really cheap)


What is your favorite quote?

Die when I may, I want it said by those who knew me best that I always plucked a thistle and planted a flower where I thought a flower would grow. 
--Abraham Lincoln




Tell us one person that inspires you and why?

Ugh!!!! This is hard because there are so many.  I'm a history teacher by profession and I am always inspired by people who despite the hand they've been dealt rise up to the occasion to uplift, lead and inspire others around them for good.  So many people past and present do this.  
You ladies are perfect examples of this!!!!!


Do you have any feedback or ideas for "Your Sister Circle"?

I LOVE YOUR GROUP AND LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR POSITIVE UPLIFTING POSTS DAILY!!!!!!


I'm the momma to two AMAZING girls who have been miracles in my life.  We've struggled all 14 years of our marriage with infertility.  It took three years to get pregnant our first daughter  and after nine years of praying, pleading, fasting and lots of $$$ we had our big miracle baby a year ago in June.  We believed that there was no way we could get pregnant again--- due to some health issues.  The week I found out I was pregnant again I had called LDS Social Services to find out about adoption.  I have such a strong testimony of Heavenly Father's plan for each of us.  He knows what we need and when we need it. All things are possible through him!!! 
(Agreed Sarah!!! Everything is possible!)



Sarah, You are a gift!!!
LOVE YOUR FAITH AND DETERMINATION!!!
Thank you for sharing with us!


WE LOVE MEETING ALL OF THESE AMAZING WOMEN.
Just ordinary women living incredible lives.... Isn't that what you say Mary! 

We are all here doing a very best we can and believe me....
THAT IS ENOUGH!!!!
More than enough. 
We are loved and cherished Daughters of God...

WE LOVE YOU SISSY's!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment