.

.

.

.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Connect with Christ & Stand in my truth!


I'm finally Sitting down with a fresh bowl of Chili's Chips and salsa.......
{been waiting all day to be able to have this party..........in my mouth}
READY to share my Girls Camp talk with you.
I adore Girls Camp, but I'm not going to lie----I liked just staying for a few hours and then be able to go home and sleep in my bed........and shower.  lol
.
.
Having teenagers who struggle and being a teenager MYSELF who struggled, and the experience I lived in the last 4 years, I wanna HOLD MY BANNER HIGH and be gods tool.
Gods, tool for GOOD!
I want to be a disciple of Christ.
.
.
So thankful for this speaking opportunity.
 I LOVE the YW!



I talked about my Story {read here}
I needed them to understand Choices............and the lasting effects of not living the gospel.
Living as a disciple of Christ isn't always the easy way.....but its ALOT easier then not being one.
This is something I know. And lived.
.
We talked about:
*BE THE GOOD
*CONNECT WITH CHRIST THROUGH YOUR CHOICES
*SOCIAL MEDIA
*STANDING IN YOUR TRUTH
{but first let me take a selfie......boom}

Make only GOOD, BETTER or BEST decisions.
Don't allow yourself any other option!
Change your direction and your thinking.....use the word "GET"
I get to live the gospel
I get to go to the temple.......ect.
The very Minute, the very SECOND you change you direction and thinking and wording, WATCH for miracles....watch your JOY sky rocket, watch your LIGHT shine brighter.
This is truth and this is REAL!
This only happens if you CHOOSE to commit to Christ. Fully and 100%
NO halfsies.......:)
.
We talked about Light.
That Light represents Christ.
Light attracts light and dark attracts dark......what you put out in the world is exactly what you will get in return.
Christ has given this gift to us, to be BRIGHT, TO SHINE, to light someone elses darkness.
We each have a powerful divine responsibility to help each other.
Woman need woman and sisters need sisters, and it doesn't end in YW! .
My dad always told us girls......When you choose to do good {and serve too} we gain WORTH!
It naturally feeds us to love ourselves and feel good about live!
Strive to be a safe spot for others.......
.
You connect with Christ when you represent him at all times.
ALL TIMES.........{no halfsies again}
SOCIAL MEDIA! WHOOHOO!
WHAT we choose to post on Social Media IS a choice.
Before you post....ask yourself these things:
*Does this represent who I am?
*Am i inviting LIGHT into my page?
*Is this going to hurt someone? or Uplift someone?
Your tummy will tell you the answers....lol
If you don't get a good feeling, DON'T POST IT!!!!
REMEMBER?  Light attracts light, dark attracts dark.
 Don't leave any room on your page or feed for dark, yucky, hurt, jealousy,or evil.
BE BOLD!
Be confident to do gods work----
Don't be afraid to hold your BANNER HIGH!
Share your joys and your testimony and your gratitude......:)
We talked about @BofM365 on instagram.
I challenged them to follow and read comments......
.
.
Followers and likes will eventually go away---all that will be left is:
*Christ
*Your relationship with Christ
* And your relations with others, and how you made them feel.



.
.
We talked about standing in your truth.....and WHAT that even means?
Truths about themselves.......
You are awesome!
You are beautiful!
You sparkle!
He created YOU to succeed.
You have a beautiful smile.
You glow.
You were created with purpose.
You were created with Power.
You don't have to earn value, love or WORTH.........ever!
Ever ever ever!!
.
Truth makes you strong and stand tall.
Lies make you weak and shrink.
.
THIS IS TRUTH!
Unless you know who you are, you will always be vulnerable to what people say....
The ONLY way you will KNOW who you are is by allowing Christ FULLY into your life.
FULLY.....100% {NOOOOOOO halfsies}  :)
Allow him to show you.......
as you do this he will flood......{and I mean the flood gates are gunna open up baby} YOUR life with good and blessings....including the ability to see his hand in your daily life.
HOLY COW THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!
AND YOU KNOW WHY?
sorry----------Im yelling....... Im just so excited.
Its because I have LIVED ALL OF THIS......BOTH SIDES.
Satans side.......
on the fence side.....
halfsies side.....
and 100% GODS side......
.
.
I have a NEW life.
God has blessed me with a new outlook and a new heart.
He has made things new.
WE have a powerful and loving god!!!!!!
.
.
I talked to them also about sharing their gifts and talents for good.
I painted them each a YW girl, eyes locked on the temple....scriptures in hand. To remind them to STAND IN YOUR TRUTH....
Do not move.........:)
.
.
I LOVED THIS day....
and I love the Gospel, and I love knowing how much our savior LOVES us........gah, so much love!
Such cute cute GIRLS!!!
Thanks to Tausha over at @sassystyleredesign for asking me to speak! :)
.
.
.
Peace out.....#5


2 comments:

  1. I wish I could have heard you "yelling" ��. Such a powerful testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could've heard you, too! This is so needed for young girls-but grown women as well! You rock!!! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete