.

.

.

.

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Operation Craft Room

Howdy....#3 in your face!!

Ya know how sometimes your house can just get away from you? Like far far FAR away? 
I've lived in my house for 4 years this week...and never had a ME room....My spare bedroom just collected junk and I never had time to get to organizing it. I badly have been needing a ME room...so I decided it was time to get things handled.. I don't have much down time...so I had to do it fast, easy, and CHEAP!

I thought I'd share the process and maybe help you with some ideas for creating a YOU space!!

First of all...I rent my home...so painting the walls is frowned upon...so I had to find another way to add color....and that is "painting everything else!" hahaha. I would have those walls SO painted if I could....SO PAINTED!!

So here is what I started with....
Piles of junk... just basically thrown in this room as storage. Yikes....

So...first I cleaned everything out...went through it all... and started painting the furniture I already had. (prior finds at local thrift shops....again.. just sitting in there waiting for my attention) USE WHAT YOU HAVE!!

First the dresser.
Just a basic couple coats of paint and then spray painted the wooden knobs gold. HI BAXTER!! He refused to move..haha! (I used the cheapest walmart had to offer on both paints...I will share the colors later in the post)

This is a shelf I borrowed from my Mom a few years ago and forgot to give it back on purpose...haha..HI MOM!!  Love you!
Slapped some fun gray paint on it...took off the wood shelf backing and modge- podged some gold scrapbook paper on it! BOOM!


This table I have had for YEARS...It was sad and oh so ugly!! I painted the top with gray and painted the legs with a fun coral color!!

 NEXT......I NEEDED CHAIRS!!! I went thrifting!! #poppintags
Found this beauty at the DI for $3...coral paint and some left over fabric I had from making sister quilts a couple years ago. BAM!


Found this gem at a local antique store for $10...you heard me...and its gold!! GOLD! I found it one evening driving around and almost had a stroke the next day waiting for the store to open....OPEN OPEN OPEN!!

Here are the paint colors I used...
Cheapest at Walmart in Satin finish...then I bought the cheapest can of gold spray paint!

Here are some after pics...
Organized all the crap...I bought the plastic shelf in the closet for $20 at Walmart... spray painted the basket on the table with gold.

Made the opposite wall an "art wall" added some wire to some old frames that will collect paintings and other shenanigans as they are done!

Always surround yourself with things you LOVE...
I love my new room....it has become my sanctuary... I feel calm and peace when I sit in here....
Got my music playing....scriptures available....paints on hand... yarn is ready to go....
I CAN CREATE.....

LOVE YOU SISSIES!!!
#hugstimesfive






No comments:

Post a Comment