.

.

.

.

Friday, July 25, 2014

SISSY HIGHLIGHTS!!

OH HOW I LOVE FRI-DEES!! BEST DAY OF THE WEEK!

Hold on to your TIARA'S ladies......

Meet
KATHRYN!!!

My name is Kathryn McLain Maley 

My Instagram name is @K_may777

I'm a Georgia Peach living in Hamilton, GA. (it's about an hour and a half south of Atlanta) with my Husband and three children. 

My favorite meal would be Salmon, rice, & asparagus! My favorite snack is avocados! As for sweets I LOVE  Whatchamacallits!! (and I'm a "closet" Fun Dip/Lick a maid candy addict!!) 

My favorite color is Turquoise! It's bright, happy, & fun! It fills my closet! It's also spread throughout my home & paired with lots of red and a dash of yellow! I also love white! It's just fresh & clean. It opens any space and goes with everything! 

As far as talents go....the first thing that comes to mind can be classified as kinda artsy (in a theatrical way when done accurately), a little nerdy at times, & not so much embarrassing (not for me anyways), but definitely  humorous (especially if you have the same talent)....It's quoting movie lines. I'm a BIG movie buff and somehow can find a movie line to quote at just about anytime, anywhere, with anyone. I'm serious over here. And LAWD have mercy when you get myself and all five of my siblings together! 
{i laughed out loud at this paragraph}

One of my FAVORITE quotes is by Erma Bombeck: 
"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, I used everything you gave me."
(I know what you're thinking and the answer is, YES! That includes my movie quoting talent!) 

To list only one person who inspires me is hard to do because there are SO many. I know the person who has had the most influence on me and even though she is now in Heaven....she CONTINUES to inspire me daily...and that's my Momma! Donna Sue! Just typing her name brings a smile to my face and tears to my eyes! She found herself a single Mom of SIX when our father moved away. To say she was strong is an understatement! She worked two jobs to provide for us. We NEVER went without. Each of her six children thought they were "the favorite" so that in itself is a major accomplishment, lol. She always uplifted us, pointed out our strengths, hugged & kissed us, posted scripture everywhere in our house, prayed for us without ceasing, and above all...she introduced us to Christ! She was quick to tell us that just because our earthly father wasn't consistently in our lives, we had a Heavenly Father that was willing to DIE for us and would NEVER leave or forsake us. I believe that as a parent, there is NO greater gift to give your children...followed by love of course! But when HE comes first...the rest falls right into place! I could go on & on about my beautiful, sweet, funny, & *inspirational Momma but to put it in simplest terms...she was a Proverbs Woman. There's no bigger memory or moment in my life where she demonstrated this, that stands out more than when I told her I was pregnant at the age of 16. Because of her encouragement, support, & unconditional love, I was able to make the most difficult decision of my entire life. We chose life for my baby boy...her grandson. We chose a better life than we were able to provide for him. We chose an open adoption. And because of this decision we made 20 years ago...I was able to once again hold my sweet, handsome, smart, precious, baby boy in my arms again! I KNOW with ALL my heart that she was beaming down from heaven & over joyed for BOTH of her babies on that amazing day. It was because of her and the amazing Momma that she was that I was able to consider adoption. And It was because she introduced me to JESUS & the love of my Heavenly Father that I had the strength to follow through. 

"And that's all I have to say about that." Forrest Gump 

^^^^^ obviously I had to insert a movie quote there to lighten the mood! 


So....enough about me!! I'm excited to meet all of my new sisters through this fantabulous group of ladies in Your Sister Circle!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️ 

I KNOW SHUT THE FRONT DOOR RIGHT?? 
AMAZ-ZA-ZING!!!
THANK YOU KATHRYN FOR LETTING US GET TO KNOW YOU!! 
WE LOVE YOU!


Next......(insert drum roll here)

MEET
KELLY!!!

What is your full name?
Kelly Kathryn Meads 

What is your Instagram user name?
@kellykmeads 

Where do you live?
Saratoga Springs, Utah (with 3/4 of the worlds population of children 3 and under) hahaha...that's funny.

What is your favorite treat?
Popcorn! Any flavor, any kind, any time of day. I love it so much I had 5 different flavors at my wedding reception and I still order a box from my favorite place in Idaho monthly. Also, chips and pico. I could live on these 2 delights... and water, duh. 

What is your favorite color?
Emerald green. It makes my soul sing. I love color and use it freely throughout my house...to the point that my husband thinks I'm insane. But if I did what he wanted, my house would be brown, and that's a no go.

Tell us one of your unique talents? 
I really enjoy speaking in public! I love teaching and having an audience (narcissistic?!) to interact with! I'm also super good at binge-watching Netflix...and that requires skill and patience.
What is your favorite quote?
"The earth laughs in flowers" by Ralph Waldo Emerson.
There is nothing better than fresh flowers, and there really is nothing that makes me happier than being surrounded by them!

Tell us one person that inspires you and why?
My mom! She is strong, intelligent, hysterical, kind, wise and on and on and on! Above all, she is THE greatest grandmother and mother there ever has been. She was born to be a grandma and she teaches me more every day about how to be a Christ-like person through the way she treats my children.  I can only hope to be half the mom she is to me! She's also taught me about being curious and wanting to explore the beautiful world around me! She has no judgements and is so warm and welcoming to all. She loves her family and has found her role as a daughter, sister, aunt, mother and grandmother to be the greatest calling she has been given. She is such an inspiration to me to be happy every morning when I wake up and to go to bed grateful for all that day offered me!

Please feel free to tell us anything you feel like sharing!  And please give us any feedback or ideas you have for our circle!!
A few weeks ago you guys posted  "Wherever your focus is directed, that's where your energy goes." And it just sang true to my soul!
I have such a testimony of this principle and I have tested all the waters of the land to prove this wrong! But as I have become a mother, I have found new purpose and a new desire to be the best I can be...not only for my beautiful children who Heavenly Father has trusted me with, but for myself too! I have worked so hard to point my heart, might, mind and soul to the temple and true happiness, and I have succeeded! Pushing through all the hideous obstacles the adversary has put in my righteous path and desires has taken all the faith I have, but I have also gained more from those trials than I would have ever expected. My message to others would be, don't ever think that you aren't worth it. You're worth every blessing The Lord has to offer and you are more than you will ever know. Don't let the world tell you otherwise and don't ever stray from what makes your heart sing, and once you find what that is, hold on to it so tighter than you have ever held on to something!

WELL HOLY CRAP SHE'S TOO ADORABLE!!!
THANK YOU KELLY FOR SHARING WITH US!!
WE LOVE YOU!!


UNTIL NEXT WEEK!
HUGS TIMES FIVE!!




No comments:

Post a Comment