.

.

.

.

Friday, July 4, 2014

SISSY HIGHLIGHTS!!

It's Sissy Highlight Friday 
on AMERICA'S BIRTHDAY!

Happy Birthday 'Merica!


Meet CUTE Corinne!!



What is your full name?

Corinne Klc 
(yep that's how its spelled!! Its pronounced Kelch and its from Slovakia)


What is your Instagram user name?

@wheniwearlipstick


Where do you live? 

We just moved to Brigham City, UT, but I'm originally from Idaho!  
Forever a country girl---showing my husband 
the beauty of small town living.

{all five "your sister circle sisters" are Box Elder Bees.  yep.}


What is your favorite treat? 

Seriously? I'm such a foodie. 
I will eat almost anything you put in front of me besides 
fish, and tomatoes. With that being said, the way to my heart is to cover it in chocolate
-- bananas, cherries, strawberries... 

{now were talkin' sista!}


What is your favorite color? 

Right now Tiffany blue is killing me! I can't get enough! 

{ack........LOVE THAT COLOR}


Tell us one of your unique talents? 

Hopefully I don't sound like a freak. My husband calls it obsessive awareness. 
I have a thing for noticing and remembering small details about people that go unnoticed. I can remember these random details for years to come. 

Has anyone seen the show Psych? That's the easiest easiest way to explain it. Just by over observing details I can piece together information. 
 Haha my family doesn't always appreciate my "talent" 
they are always trying to test my abilities. 
One of these days they are just going to accept the fact that Mom is just really good at her job and them testing me is just sharpening my skills. 


What is your favorite quote?
  
We have had quite a fun time these last few years. In searching for answers and trying to have faith in the Gods plan I came across this one: 


"Being humble means recognizing that we are not on earth to see how important we can become, but to see how much difference we can make in the lives of others." 

- Gordon B. Hinckley



I have been humbled (boy have I been humbled) through my trials and one thing I have learned is a better understanding of others and their trials. Being at rock bottom and looking up. I selfishly look for ways to serve not only because I understand the struggle a bit better but because it helps me to feel good when my own life is a bit out of control. 

Tell us one person that inspires you and why?


My baby girl. 

Last August I was 6 months pregnant with my son, finishing up my first semester back to school (in 10 years!!) and running at about 50% energy. My husband has had type 1 diabetes since he was 4 years old ... so the first thing we do at our house when someone isn't feeling good is check their blood sugar. I am a bit of a weenie when it comes to needles and was terrified to poke my finger and check. Jocelynne -- who was 2 at the time-- said, "Mommy I'll do it." So we made a deal that if she poked her finger and checked her blood sugar I would do the same. 




 My husband and I were in denial when Jocey's blood sugar came back in the high 500s. (normal people have a blood sugar of 80-120.) We checked again on 3 different meters and they all showed the same result. To make a long story a bit shorter we spent a few days with her at Primary Children's Hospital where she was officially diagnosed with type 1 diabetes just like her Daddy. 

Can you imagine someone telling you that you have to prick your toddlers fingers 8 times a day and give her 5-7 shots of insulin? I was devastated and the pregnancy hormones didn't make it easier. We had to physically hold her down to complete these tasks and I begged and pleaded with God to let me take this away from her and put it on myself. Little by little the days have gotten easier. I was blessed with an understanding of the disease where to most it is confusing.

 Jocelynne's fingers have built up some callouses to where the finger pokes don't hurt as much, we found an amazing doctor and Jocelynne is now on a pump which makes the disease a bit easier to manage and although we still have bad days we have found strength in helping others and talking openly about our life and experience. 

The scariest part of type 1 diabetes is what can happen if it is not managed. Extreme highs for long periods of time will start to effect her eyes, kidneys, heart, limbs, and nervous system. Extreme lows will cause her to have seizures,which, if not treated, will result in death. It's a constant balancing act daily to keep this girl healthy and give her the best possible chance at a long and happy life. We call her our "Little Warrior Princess" and she is the bravest kid I know.  

We recently embarked on a new adventure of owning a diabetic alert dog named August to help us out. This guy is amazing and through scent he can tell us if Jocelynne or my husbands blood sugars are high or low. We get up every two or three hours at night check blood sugars, but he helps me sleep better those few hours at night because I know he's also looking out for my girl. People tell me I'm crazy to take on a puppy with everything we have going on right now but I was on the crazy train a LONG time ago. 

I have a motto I live by-- I can do hard things when I wear red lipstick--- let me tell ya it works! My red lips are on almost daily!! 

{LOVE THAT!!!}

  
We have created an Instagram account 
@littlewarriorprincess if you want to follow our journey.


I love Your Sister Circle and everything it brings to the table. I feel grateful to have found such an amazing group of sisters to share our life's journeys with. Can't wait for the retreats!!

WOWeee SISTA Corrine.  Your amazing!! What a most precious journey to share with us.  Thank you.  Thank you. May your family be forever blessed.
 

Well...............HELLO there TERESA!

{dying over the gorgeous blue eyes. hello.}
 
  

What is your full name?
 
Teresa Ann Manookin Jones 
(That's how it appears on my Facebook--to distinguish me from the gazillion Teresa Joneseseses there are in the world.) 



What is your Instagram user name?

I have two accounts 
@sweetcreekmoon and @sweetcreekcloset



Where do you live? 

Smithfield, Utah

 What is your favorite treat?

Favorite anything usually has to do with the moment I'm in. A lemon/raspberry cream cupcake of deliciousness at Kneaders at the moment.


What is your favorite color? 

I love CoLoR--lots of it.


Tell us one of your unique talents? 

Uhm. 
  1.  I can say the alphabet backwards. 
  2.  I love pie crust. My favorite birthday treat is actually a flaky, delicious Apple Pie topped with a crispy, crunchy, melt-in-your-mouth piece of heaven--sans the apple pie. Not kidding. (A friend sends it every year. I savor the tasty morsels.)
  3.  I have beautiful feet. ~grin~ 


What is one of your favorite quotes:
"It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." 
Andrew J. Holmes


Tell us one person that inspires you and why?


As far as inspirational people go, I am quickly and profoundly impressed by people who do creative, kind and wonderful things without recognition. They are silently remarkable, I suppose. Okay--I'm actually inspired by anyone who is creative, kind and wonderful. With or without recognition. My very small part of the world is filled with them. 

Anything else you'd like to share? 

I love acting. This is me as Dolly Levi, in "Hello, Dolly!"--one of my favorite roles.


And--one unusual talent is that I wait until after something crazy has happened to go berzerk--which means I'm excellent at handling emergencies but you'd better give me some alone time afterwards.

For instance--a company was installing extra insulation in our attic and one of the workers fell through the ceiling. I was about 15' away working away at the computer when he "dropped in." Handsome Dude (my husband) wasn't home and the other insulation fella just ran outside to the truck in a panic. Luckily, I had my super hero cape on underneath my hoodie and grabbed the guy's legs and guided them to the banister. It seems crazy that it happened at all. The pics are the aftermath. What a mess.

{Ok this story is the best!.....super hero cape.  ha!}
 








.
.
.





...
...





As a side note to Your Sister Circle--I think you are doing 
wonderful things--and am particularly delighted that you are doing it as sisters.  You're amazing.


Sister #1 here....adding in my two cents about Teresa. I'm going to toot her horn a bit more. 
...toot!
 
Teresa is an institute teacher and an excellent public speaker.  She knows how to make words come alive and speak to the heart.  I've personally heard her on several occasions (girls camp, young women's and recently at BYU Women's Conference).  Her light is bright.  You could say she's a bit of a Cache Valley celebrity with her speaking and acting talents. 
 
Teresa has a husband, affectionately called 
"Handsome Dude"

  
Teresa is also a blogger!  She blogs just like she talks, which makes for fun reading.  Love it!  Check it out.  Her last blog post is wonderful masterpiece. 
THANK YOU TERESA for sharing a piece of you with us!  YOU make the world a brighter place by your goodness!


HAPPY 4th of JULY!!
We love you ALL!
Hurrah for the Land of the Free!

No comments:

Post a Comment