.

.

.

.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

healthy food and feeling great....

YA KNOW WHAT!

I felt like crap for quite some time...
{hello america!}

low energy... craving sugar...gaining weight

not exercising...

I have decided it is really hard for us to be our 
best selves if we feel yucky.

 A lot of the reason why I felt yucky was because 
of what I was shoving in my mouth.

Now, don't get me wrong I love 
HOT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES 
COMING OUT OF THE OVEN 
just like the next sista... 
but I needed something to help me with my health.

I have been noticing some things going on inside my body and felt if I didn't start to do something now... 
I would pay for it later.

SO GUESS WHAT I DID???
I started JUICING!!!
yep! 


I watched a documentary called
"Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead"
Watch it!! 

~Meet Joe Cross~
Hi Joe!
{fatsickandnearlydead.com}
(watch it on this website...)

very inspiring...


Now I was not 420 lbs.
 I am not doing this to lose weight. 
I would be happy if I lost that 8 lbs that has crept upon me lately..

I decided to do this for my HEALTH!
my emotional and physical health!
{it's tied together... ya know}

 I want 
ENERGY
And I haven't had it!
I felt tired, lazy, yucky.........


WE STARTED JUICING!!!
{I have already said it but I wanted to say it again!}
Darin and I
{helping hubby with high cholesterol!}

my daughter Kenzie 
and her husband, Brent started with us, 
{actually they were the ones who told us about it and we joined with them!}


and now Kristi {#3} and Her daughter, Tai 
are going strong!


We use 80% veggies and 20% fruits...
AMAZING!! AMAZING!!!
I just followed one of the plans that Joe Cross has on his website.
I have felt so good!!!

Darin and I haven't just done juice. 
We have eaten small healthy meals along with the 
juice maybe 2 times a day.
 And when I mean small...
like 2 scrambled eggs or 1/2 piece of chicken. 
simple and easy.

Now you ask,
Why is she telling me this?
I like my hamburgers, fries and a chocolate shake
and believe me... I do too!!!

I am sharing this with you 
BECAUSE WE CANT BE OUR BEST SELVES
 IF WE DON'T FEEL GOOD!!
It is hard to have patience, compassion, 
 and strength to deal with daily life.
And it is hard to handle things emotionally
 if we don't have a firm physical foundation.

Boyd K. Packer has said, "Our physical body is the instrument of our spirit. In that marvelous revelation the
 Word of Wisdom (D&C 89), we are told how to keep our bodies free from impurities which might dull, even destroy, those delicate physical senses which have to do with spiritual communication."
We need our physical bodies to be free from impurities.

Our bodies are GIFTS from God. 
He has told us in 1 Corinthians 3:16:
"....Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you..."

Do you believe that your body is a Temple? 
We need to treat it as such. ya?

So.....
I know it is so easy to eat conveniently because there is a fast food place on every corner and we are all in a 
hurry to get to our next task. 


BUT
I hope that WE ALL will do something for our health!

Maybe juicing isn't for you!
and that is ok!

But please remember that your body and your spirit 
will thank you for anything you choose to DO!

The End!
happy healthy eating!
#2 

No comments:

Post a Comment