.

.

.

.

Friday, October 24, 2014

Sister Highlights

SISTER HIGHLIGHTS!!!
LOVE FRIDAYS!!!
:)


 Jennifer Anne James Paulsen
.
My insta name is @Jenannepaulsen
I live in Hooper, Utah but was born in Mississippi
My favorite treats are Molten Lava Cake (which my hubby and daughter make gluten free for me) and Fresh Strawberry Cheesecake (that my sis in law makes gluten free for myself and my brother) and Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies from Tula (a gluten free bakery in Portland, Oregon).  
Lest you stop reading this because you think I think I'm all that....I'm not....keep reading :)
......
Nikes all the way! High heels hurt my feet and make me look like an amazon woman (the bad weird kind, not the sexy kind)
Lipstick with gloss unless I'm not going anywhere important, then its just gloss.  I love NYX Butter Gloss!
.......
5 things in my purse......1) A Quest bar that is suppose to dissuade me from eating above mentioned treats, but it is still in my bag, uneaten :)  2) Three NYX Butter Glosses 3) Gushers and fruit snacks for my daughter (and myself when I get desperate) 4) My favorite purple Contigo water bottle and 5) my Macaroni Kid business cards (please insert shameless plug for my family event based newsletter/website www.ogdenroy.macaronikid.com ) 
.
My favorite color is black, yes because it is so slimming, but I also like red, purple and pink.
.
Unique talents... Gulp, it gets serious! Now I have to say something positive about myself. I'm not able to do positive affirmations because that little voice in my head is constantly saying "Yeah right" But lets give it a go.  I have a talent for being able to sight read any kind of piano music you put in front of me and I'm able to turn the conversation back to whomever I'm speaking with because I like others to feel important and loved.
.
My favorite quote is: "Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, your'e right." I'm still trying to master the power I actually have right inside of me.  It is hard, but I'm trying.
.
The person who inspires me is my grandma.  She turned 92 yesterday and is still going strong.  When she was just out of high school she joined the WAVES, which was a Navy organization consisting of only women. After the war she married my grandfather who was not a member of the church and went on to raise 5 children in the church. Only two of them still go to church.  My grandfather never let her (or taught her how to) drive so she had to rely on him for rides her whole life as well as from members of her ward.  She worked many different jobs and never spoke ill of her husband (who really wasn't that nice to her).  She taught her kids to love God and to be strong.  I am not sure if she was ever scared of anything and is such a stalwart. I like to think that I have some of her strength running through my veins.  After enduring a bad marriage for 12 years where I raised 3 step kids and had 2 wonderful kids of my own, I finally had the strength to leave.  Of course, because of things in that marriage my self esteem was totally shot and I'm still trying to believe and like myself again, but I have been able to see the Lord's hand in my life.  After my divorce my brother and mom convinced me to sign up for LDS Singles.  Apprehensively I did, and received several weird emails and requests.  One request said "Hey I think I know you whats your name." I immediately hit "Delete" and didn't respond.  The next day I got another request that said, "I think we went on a date once what is your name".  Well, if you have ever been on those dating sites you know that there are a lot of cray crays out there and so I just said, " Tell me your name and I will tell you mine".  He then left his number and said, "call me if you want to see who this is".  I was working at the hospital at the time so I called the number from work and it was a boy (haha I know he is a man now) that I went to high school with some 15 years earlier and had asked to a girls choice dance and then he never asked me out again.  Well, I got my yearbook out and showed my kids and the next day he comes over and picks me up for ice cream and my daughter asked me if that was my dates dad (15 years kinda ages you).  On our first date I told him I will not raise any more step kids and that we could just be friends.  Yup, we are now married and have a five year old girl.  Between us we have a 21 year old, an 18 year old, a 16 year old, a 14 year old and then the little diva.  I am a piano teacher and run a website called Macaroni Kid (please brace yourself for another shameless plug).  My business partner and I send out a newsletter once a week giving you ideas on what to do with your family in the Weber County area.  Please subscribe....its free!  www.ogdenroy.macaronikid.com

The best part of this is that I am being featured with my wonderful, all knowing, patient, beautiful friend Holly Lucas.  Thanks for picking us and thanks for listening :)

LYLAS,
Jennifer or Jen or Jenny....I answer to all three :0

.
.
.
.
.
.
~Holly Harris Lucas
.
~HollyLolly6
~West Haven Utah
~Costa Vida (I could eat every meal there) and chocolate covered cinnamon bears
~I wear Nikes, so I don't topple over in my heals! 
~Gloss!!!!! I seriously have an obsession! 
~Well my kids do call me "Mary Poppins" you name it, it's probably in my purse...gum, medication, vitamins, protein bars, band aids, 10 different lip gloss, you know All of the essentials! 
~I tend to change my favorite color with the seasons! I like burnt orange right now, but it will change to red here pretty quick! Tiffany Blue always seems to stick around though!! 
~Well I do play the violin, but that was not really a talent! I had to work hard to get where I am with that!! I do know how to throw an awesome Party!! I love themed parties, and I love decorating for weddings!! I love taking old crap and making it new again!!! People always ask me why I don't do a business decorating for parties and weddings, I always tell them that it would take all the "fun" out of it for me!!! 
~ "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you might just miss it!!!!!" ~Ferris Buhler 
~ I have so many people in my life that inspire me to be better every day!! I am a true believer that "everyone has a story" and we need to celebrate one another, not knock each other down!! My husband Scott, ( though I do not take his help willingly most of the time) helps me understand what it means to be a true disciple of Jesus Christ! It doesn't matter day or night, that man would give you the shirt off his back if he needed to!! He works so hard for our family which allows me to stay home to raise our 4 beautiful kids!! Although all my kids are in school now (youngest is in 7th grade) I find myself just getting busier and busier!!! I have been best friends with the one and only Jennifer Paulsen, we like to joke that we "complete" each other!! Lol! She has been that one friend (besides my husband) that has literally stuck with me through thick and thin! I love this new "instafamily" through Instagram!! I love being able to celebrate all of you and your accomplishments,  share your faith and love!!!!




Two more, AMAZING women added to the circle.....
and not to mention they are BESTIES!!
XOXO!!!!
NOW-----go follow!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment