.

.

.

.

Friday, August 8, 2014

Sister Highlight.....


Whooooo Hoooooo!!!!
SISTER HIGHLIGHT FRIDAY!!!!!
.
.
.
Here we go again with some awesome sisters!
.
Meet Natalie...:)


I live in Pleasant View, Utah.  Which is North of Ogden and South of Brigham City.  I'm originally from Southern Utah, a little town called Escalante, where I was raised on a cattle ranch.  I met my husband at Southern Utah University and we have lived in Boulder City, Nevada, Southern California, Northern California and Arizona before moving to Pleasant View in 2006.  We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it here.  We just didn't realize how much we missed the seasons, and YES, I even LOVE the snow.  Most of all I love the mountains and can't get enough of them.  I'm sorry, but next to my family the mountains kind of flood my feed.  Besides the mountains we love the people of this little town.  Everyone is super friendly and after all the places we have lived, this place wins our hearts hands down.


My favorite treat: 
 WOW, I've rarely met any treat I didn't like.  It's the treats I love that keep me from being a size 2!  Okay, so I might have never been a size two in my life, but you get the picture.  I would have to say my all time favorite treat is Chocolate Chip Cookies.  I like to pride myself in thinking I might have mastered the BEST chocolate chip cookie ever, but then that would be bragging...but I think it could be true!πŸ˜†




My favorite color:
  I like lots of colors but my top two at the time, I'd have to say is pale yellow and light blue, which were my wedding colors by the way  36 years ago!! (Just realized that)😳. Favorites have come and gone but somehow those two always seem to lead the pack.

Talents:
  My daughter ask me one day....."So Mom do you have any talents"? OUCH....haha.  I'm not a great singer, or artist, or any obvious talents like that.  However, when we are at Pineview Reservoir, there isn't anyone, including men that can back in a boat trailer better than meπŸ˜‚.  I think it's from all my days being the tractor driver, while my brothers piled hay on the trailer I pulled.  But seriously, I love to cook, sew and decorate my house.  I'm not a good creator, but I'm a MAD copier of other peoples ideas!!

{darling shower curtain she made........AHHH LOVE!}

My favorite quote: 
 "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.  It's about learning to dance in the rain."  
I'm not sure who the writer of that quote was, but I have it on a table by my front door, because being a mother to five and a grandma to three, I think we need to be reminded to not let the junk of everyday life and trials bring us down.  Life will always have challenges, but if we wait for life to get perfect, we might be waiting a LONG, LONG time!!

Person who most inspires me: 
 I have lots of awesome people in my life, but I lost my mom to cancer when I was 26 years old.  I have brothers but no sisters.  This awesome inspiration in my life is Susan Haslam my friend from AZ, she has kind of filled that void.  She has not only been the most fun, spontaneous friend I have ever had, but she has been like a big sister and even sometimes like a mom, cause her advice is just that good.   She is just enough older than me that she could help me solve all my raising teenager problems.  (which if any of you are raising teenagers, you know this is kind of a BIG deal), I always knew I could go to her with any problem of the day and she would always know what to do.  I had to put our dog down recently and she talked me through it and gave me the courage to make a tough decision.  She's the type of friend that I knew would help me through things and would tell me the truth even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear.  I love her SO much.  Do you have people in your life that you know Heavenly Father sent to help you get through the tough days?  Well.... Susan is my best pal and guardian angel!  She isn't much of a social media person but I hope she knows the impact she has had on my life.❤️

{ohhh what an angel.... love her already!!}

Just a last note that is a big part of me and shaped my life is the love of my Heavenly Father and my faith in his Gospel.  I love my Savior and strive to become better each day so I might live with him again.

Adoption is my passion.  We have five children ages 32 to 15.  Three out of five have blessed our family through adoption.  My family is my life and without them it would be SO boring.  If you loved your kids, just wait, the BIG bonus is the grand kids and we have another one coming in January that will make four for us.

Thanks for letting me ramble with all my nonsense.  It's truly an honor to be highlighted.  I just love this Sisterscircle and the very cool people I have met because of these awesome sisters.  Since I have no biological sissies I have adopted you all in my heart.

Natalie---thank you for sharing such tender amazing things in your life with us, We love how HFs hand is in our lives and puts people exactly where they need to be, for GOOD! Including our children and friends....
On Instagram its clear how much you love your kids and 
family!
We love you.....

.
.
Now, 
Meet Jeri!  :)



 I live in Columbia, Maryland with my husband and three children. We were supposed to be here for 2 to 3 years, but we're going on 10 years! It's looks like I'd better start calling this place home. 

What is your favorite treat?
 I love coconut cake. A long time ago I looked at my pinterest board called "i want to eat that" and the only thing I had pinned was cake- lots and lots of cakes.

What is your favorite color?
 Help a girl out...my favorite color doesn't have a name.  I googled light mint green blue aqua to find this picture. 


{lol}
Tell us one of your unique talents?
 I am a dance photographer...go check out @jeritidwellphotography to see my dance images. I love it. I've been in the photography business for 10 years...but I've adored focusing on photographing dancers. I still do ballet when I can get a spare minute to go to the dance studio. I love that dancing is part of my life. I have two daughters that also dance. I love washing three (Daughter #1, Daughter #2 and mine!) sizes of pink tights, and hanging them up to dry. I also have a sickness called "need to buy all the cute leotards in the world". There is no cure. 


What is your favorite quote? 
When I was growing up my Father would sit at the head of the dinner table with his nine children on the two long side benches, and my Mom would be seated at the other end of the table. Every time he would say, "Kids, do you know how much I love your Mom?"  

I did know. I still do. It's a lot. 


Tell us one person that inspires you and why?
 Oh dear, I have too many people to list. Right now the person I will mention is my friend Kayelynn. She passed away in April after her battle with breast cancer. She was such an amazing friend to me, and she was always such a good example of righteousness. I knew she loved me, because she was so good at showing me that. I've promised myself to be more like Kayelynn. If you love someone, tell them. If someone is on your mind, call them. Go to the post office and mail the gift you bought them a month ago! If you think someone has cute shoes at church, compliment them! If you think someone needs help or to be cheered up, do something about it! There are so many ways to show people you care about them, that you notice them, and that you love them. 
{ohhhhh my goodness, love that!!!}
I feel like a cheater being in the spotlight...because I know Annie (Sissy #5)! We were BFFs in high school, and some how we've managed to see each other every few years even though we live so far from each other. Annie is pure sunshine! I love her. I'm thankful for the internet and instagram so we can keep up with each other so easily! Her love of life is so strong you can feel it through your phone! Am I right? I love that her other sisters were always kind to me. I have good memories of each one of them! They welcomed me into their warm, delicious smelling home (blueberry candle...I remember!) and made me feel loved. (Their Mother even did my hair for prom, and it was so cute!) This is who they are. This is who they always have been. We are lucky, so lucky that they've opened their circle and let us in.

Oh Jeri...{Tears} such great memories, just want the world and sisters to KNOW YOU....and love and adore you, and enjoy your talents!  
And thanks for sharing HS pictures of you and sister #5. CLASSIC hair!!!! haha......... #hairspray







No comments:

Post a Comment