.

.

.

.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

faith.....

because we are asking for you to share your 
"stories of faith"
 with all of us...

I thought I would share one with you.

This past year has been a little bit of a struggle for our family. 
you see... 
my husband (aka. Hunk of Love) is in sales. 

He is wonderful at what he does. 
I know he has build a trustworthy name for himself..

Last year was one of our best years financially. 
We were so blessed and so grateful for the income. 
{with 2 missionaries - yay!}

But this year...... well lets just say
 I am so grateful that we had savings:):)
It has been a hard year BUT it has also been very peaceful and calm....
We have prayed, we have fasted....but not much change....

I know Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers.
 I KNOW IT!!
I was not doubting that at all..

One Sunday I was at church and 
I was partaking of the 
Sacrament and I was pleading with the Lord to help us. 
To change something...
after all He was a God of Miracles.

{What I didn't realize then that the miracle was going to happen within myself.}

Right during the Sacrament the words came,

"Your Plan of Salvation is perfect.....
but is it lacking substance..."



What? 
...... WAIT! 

The plan of salvation is perfect...there is nothing lacking within HIS plan....

and then a scripture came to my mind...

Hebrews 11:
"Now faith is the substance of 

things hoped for,

 the evidence of things not seen."


Oh MY GOODNESS!!!
I was completely humbled. 

I KNEW in the MOMENT 
that HEAVENLY FATHER 
was very aware of our circumstances 
and I was lacking faith.

I was lacking trust...
I KNEW I NEEDED TO TRUST HIM!
COMPLETELY....
He knew what was best for our family 

...Did I?...

DID I REALLY TRUST HIM?
Was I ready to take that leap...???
to let go of control...

I think it is so easy to say. 
"Yes, I trust my Savior."

But when it comes down to it and hard things are happening...
do we trust Him with our lives?

I can say from that day forward
 I have completely given my heart over. 

Now that doesn't mean I am perfect at it ... 
But I have FAITH to know he will help me..

I know in his timing and in His way...
it will all work out!
It always does!




I do believe we all have something to learn and we all have something to share. 

I guess one of the main reasons we are asking you to share your stories of faith is to look at your life... 

To see that those  "little daily events" truly help us to know we ALL have a Savior 
who is indeed a big part of our life. 



He will never leave you! 

You are in a covenant relationship with Him. 
Life is glorious because of Him. 
Because we can trust Him.


So sisters,
Please share with us your stories of faith....

you'll be amazed at how often it happens.....

Loves!
#2

No comments:

Post a Comment