.

.

.

.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

She is Fierce!


I was preparing my kids backpacks with their first day of school essentials.
Charlee's first grade teacher had them prepare a sack filled with things to describe them. On the front of the sack was a set of questions to fill our about them selves....
I was making dinner and so mike was helping Charlee  with this the sack!
The very last question was "What is something that makes you special"
Her first response was, "I'm special cuz I don't like anyone telling me what to do"  lol
Seems legit coming from a 6 year old right?
Mike quickly geared her in the right direction on how to answer the question.
Then she shouts "I have the cutest PEANUT ear, THAT is what makes me special. " Heavenly Father whispered something special in my ear and fold it back up when I was born"
.
.
I stopped making dinner and looked over at mike........
He was hesitant to let her write that down, the protector came out and I could see FEAR in his eyes that she would explain this out loud to the whole class.
His fatherly instincts wanted to roll her up like a burrito, and put her somewhere safe for the next 10 years....right?  lol
.
.
My first words were  "Yes!, Let her express how she feels....let her SHOUT out for the first time about her baby ear, that SHE loves so much.
I got a little emotional thinking about it.
From the moment we saw Charlee as a newborn and her "Microtia" ear. {Baby ear, fairy ear} we both decided we are going to teach Charlee to LOVE it. To be proud of who she is. That she is beautifully made.
And, that DAY------proved we did just that.
Because she does. She isn't afraid of sharing, expressing or letting it show.


Us parents are more fearful.
Of her being hurt.
I won't lie------I prayed the next day, for Mike, for charlee, her teacher and classmates.
For kindness....:)
Proud of her......and her natural Courage!





Charlee isn't fearful of who she is.
Oh the things this girl teaches us.
We can learn so much from our children............life should be happy, simple, loving and forgiving and fearless.
.
.
.
She was born brave, sweet, courageous, smart and loud like a firecracker!
.
She is fierce.


No comments:

Post a Comment