.

.

.

.

Thursday, January 1, 2015

#unplugged


I recently joined a #unplugged challenge....
I chose a day to completely unplug from Social media and my phone to be more PRESENT with my children and family!
This week i did it. IT WAS hard the first few hours, as I am addicted to my phone, i like keeping my hands busy and my phone is usualy right at my fingertips.
Pinterest, Instagram, Jane.com app, Amazon, and editing pictures on Rhonna.....:)
Those are my LOVES!
I find myself on there sometimes not even realizing it. {addiction...eh?}
.
.
After a FULL day without and putting my phone away I cannot believe how much I enjoyed my day with my kids....lol
Altho I still took many pictures.......{wink wink}
I think I will be #unplugging MORE........and hoping many of you jump on this train. :)
For all those who #unplugged  or will SOON unplug.....tell me about it!!!
Tell me what you did with your families!!!
I will choose someone and sent you a pink #unplugged Tee! whoop whoop!!!!
I will wear mine and post on Instagram.
.
.
So I started my day with this fabulous book.... B OF M! #Boom
*a zipfizz
*dove chocolates
*Winter candy Apple from bath and body




Took this little Sugar out for Lunch!!




She Shopped at Quilted Bear for American Girl clothes.....she found some DARLING things there!!

We hit the MEGA sale at Bath and Body and got our favorite scents for 75% off...
$3 a bottle??? 
Charlee got some of her very own....she was pretty thrilled!

Chatted with Autumn about clothes, BOYS, food and MORE BOYS!
{HEAVEN HELP ME}
I've been trying to talk talk talk to keep the communication open...Teens are a whole different ball game. gah....





Charlee and I were the cheerleaders to Mike and Jax's NERF GUN WAR late at night....

And Charlee wrapped presents for her AG doll "Lily Ann" and used all my GOOD/ favorite tags....
{I bit my lip on this one.....I didn't want to burst her bubble...and i let it go}
Charlee gathered everyone in the kitchen so we could watch lily open presents....
{the Struggle is real}






Mike and I started on our very first HOME project!
It was so FUN doing this together.....
B&B board in our entry way. LOOOOOVE!
I secretly hope this lit a little fire on his bum! I soooo want to do more..., because I secretly have a wish list of fun projects for our home. Secretly of course. {Mike are you reading this?}

.
.
.
Who is doing #OLW this year?
Last year my word was "Reach". and I surrounded myself with that word all year long....to accomplish goals and have a reason to focus on.
THIS year......I chose "SHINE".
Two weeks ago I was having a rough few days. A situation from those you felt you could trust became non trusting and hurtful. Having hate in their hearts with full intentions to do NOTHING good or right. Only to hurt.
.
.
It took me a few days to recover. Satan WAS all over that deal........he was feasting and loving every minute of it im sure.
After I wallowed in misery I got on my knees and prayed. I prayed HARD.
First of all to try and forgive them, and second to GET MY POWER BACK!
To stand in my power!
Its our personal duty to work hard and to be who we are MEANT to be. OUR joy, happiness, relationship with Christ and successes are our responsibility. PERIOD!
Stand in our truth of who we are....there is so much POWER THERE!
Our hardships, shortcomings, journey is like no one elses. We are all sent here to fulfill and learn our OWN purpose. we MUST work hard!! 
LET HARD DAYS AND TRIALS fuel us!!
 Fuel our own personal fire to do MORE GOOD!
Keep pushing forward.....take BACK your power and SHINE!!!!
DO NOT SHRINK!!!
Don't let others make you feel small.
But we can ONLY do it with Christ!
.
AFTER feeling all this power inside me three days after.....I had a dear friend stop by and give me a handmade framed word with a star that said "SHINE".
She felt prompted to make it and bring it over. NOT knowing what was even going on in my personal life.
I CRIED!
I was so thankful for loving friends and for a loving savior who works through people.
I was trying to decide on a word for this year,I had three words I was thinking about..........two days ago I looked over and saw her little frame sitting there......and "SHINE" screamed at me and tears filled my eyes and I KNEW,.....I knew this was my word for the YEAR!!
.
Shine through your talents.
Shine for HIM!
Shine and see yourself as GOD sees you.
Shine so MY CHILDREN feel loved when they are around me.
Shine BECAUSE he did NOT create us to be DULL!
Shine for others so others feel HOPE.
Shine to show gratitude for YOUR LIFE and blessings.
Shine so others know you have a close relationship with Christ.
SHINE!!!!
Freely shine.......:)




One last thing................
.
.
.
.
In 2015
I will NOT shrink.
I will Shine for myself, for God and for others.
I have finally decided to write a book.
THIS IS MY YEAR!
Its been on my mind for MONTHS....I know this is my journey.
.
I have SO MUCH to share....
I've been to hell and back and I want to share my true raw struggles in hopes to LIFT those around me.
My story matters!
YOUR story matters...
We all have a story to write, and im going to write mine!
.
.





No comments:

Post a Comment