.

.

.

.

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Family....

We have a tradition on Monday nights in our home...
It began with President David O. McKay
He taught this:
"No Other Success can Compensate for Failure in the Home..."


President David O. McKay had long emphasized the importance of home and 
family life as the 
source of happiness and the 
surest defense 
against the trials and temptations of modern life. 
He often spoke about the love he felt for his family and the unfailing support he received from his wife, Emma Rae. 
The practice of holding weekly family home evenings 
was strongly reemphasized as a way for parents to 
draw their children closer to them and 
teach them the principles of the gospel.

I remember when we first started having 
Family Home Evenings when the kids were little. One started crying because they couldn't pick the song or pick which treat we were going to eat. I remember lots of tears. But I held on the promises given that if we were to do this.....

We were creating the SUREST DEFENSE against trials and temptations of modern life.....But l also  wanted a 
TIGHT KNIT family! 
I wanted us to feel love and acceptance from each other.

It was never perfect but we had fun trying!








Can I just say how much I love this man!!!
We are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary here in 2 months!!! 
I have loved EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!
HE is my rock! 
He is my BEST Friend!
Thank you sweetie!:)


Our family is growing....
our daughter, 
Kenzie started a family of her own...

I know that Families are ETERNAL!
 It's worth our every effort to teach them 
Principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

That is one of the reasons why I have an easier time sending two of my children on LDS Missions.


Because Families are forever....
they need to let others know of this incredible truth! 
 Sister Watts with her companion

Elder Watts with his Mission President and his wife...
They are out there serving and
 helping families understand that 
they too 
can be
TOGETHER FOREVER!


Its all about family.
It always has been...

and always will be.


Love my sisters! They made growing up ....
interesting.....
fun! 
and we loved each other!
{especially when #1 wasn't chasing me around the yard with a paint brush}

and 
to amazing parents who continue to instill in us the 
POWER of FAMILY!!!!
How many G'pa visits have we had?
Hope they never stop!
Love them!


Hugs x5!!!
we love you all sissies!

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! Also...couldn't believe it when I saw the picture of your sweet missionary daughter...her companion is my cousin's daughter!! What a small world!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS!!!! It is a small world!!! So grateful you shared!

    ReplyDelete