.

.

.

.

Monday, June 23, 2014

Building a nest.....


I was sweeping and spraying off my porch this past weekend, and Charlee was asking me 306 questions.
Typical 6 year old stuff.....
She found this birds Nest this past week, and really struggled because she new her grandma LOVES them and collects them, but she really wanted to keep it.
She goes out on the porch and inspects it and holds it, and then gently puts it back.
So as she was helping me clean we had a 15 min conversation about how mother birds make nests. I went on to explain most years the mommies have to go out and build a nest from scratch, from the ground up for their babies. Its alot of work, because of the size of their mouths, don't hold much. So it takes a while.
As I was talking to her my throat started to swell up.......it dawned on me. WOW! This touches close to home.
Re-building-----little by little----from scratch-----a safe place for my babies.
Our new NEST!!!!!
I like to remind myself, the last 3 years do NOT define my life....it was only a small portion of which made the MOST impact. I will not be a victim or dwell. And I don't, but there are always these little moments that STRIKE up and I emotionally remember how LUCKY I am....... 
Reminding myself, where I COULD be and where I currently am!
*SIGH* such a magical relief.


So, now back to re-building the nest.......
.
.
What I didn't share with Charlee is---
THIS time----our nest and home is rebuilt with Superglue, Cement and CHRIST!
When THAT is your foundation, it cannot be moved.
I know people in my family have their agency, my older daughters struggling with some personal things and my {might I add} wonderful husband is inactive, but these things do not make me move what I believe to be true.
There are promises, STRONG powerful promises for me, if I make Christ my center and Christ my foundation.
Like I said, I didn't share this part with Charlee, but she is living it, I am teaching her with my whole heart.
I have such hope for my family!
.
.
Just wanted to share a personal moment I will be recording in my journal with all my SISTERS!
Love you all------
.
.
Sister #5



No comments:

Post a Comment