.

.

.

.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

just forgive......

I have had some interesting experiences with forgiveness.
I believe it is a really powerful principle.
It can help us heal.
I believe that sometimes our physical pains and sorrows are trapped within us...
past or present.

We are a spiritual being with a physical body. 
A wonderful man named Bruce R. McConkie has said, 
" The Book of Life is the record of the acts of man as such record is written in their own body. 
It is the record engraved in the very bones, sinews and flesh of the mortal body. 
That is, every thought, word and deed has an effect on the human body. 
All these leave their marks, marks which can be read by Him who is Eternal 
as easily as the words in a book can be read."

I have loved that statement from him for many years. 
It has helped me through some tough times.
 I believe we trap words, thoughts, deeds, 
and acts of others in us. 
Words are real and tangible. 
Feelings become part of us - our emotions.

I know people think that words do not have that much power, but they do! 
WORDS CREATE OUR LIVES!
WE WERE CREATED BY THE WORD OF GOD!
Our very thoughts show us the person who we have chosen to be.

I want to share something that can be a very powerful tool in your life.
And share a story to prove it.




I believe that we need to forgive.
and not just once or twice but multiple times
 a day if necessary.


Here is how it works!
It is easy!
3 simple steps...

STEP 1:
FORGIVE.
And you have to say it in the present tense.

I FORGIVE       so and so for such and such    . 

Now this also includes yourself, situations, feelings, etc.
Examples:
I forgive myself for being angry at my neighbor for.....
I forgive myself for yelling at my children and feeling overwhelmed with life.
I forgive myself for trying to be perfect.

OK
Now you can write everything down!
WRITE IT ALL DOWN
then after you have written down everything 
and everyone including yourself that 
needs forgiving,
then you can move on to the next step


STEP 2:
GRATITIUDE
We are asked to be grateful in all things and that includes the people we need to forgive.
We can express gratitude for all of the situations, people, ourselves, etc to our Heavenly Father because these experiences are here to teach and help us grow.... if we choose to let them!
so how we say this is....
I AM GRATEFUL for the lessons that I have learned from___________.

One last step!

STEP 3:
It is said in one sentence!
I PRAISE GOD FOR IT ALL!
We are giving praise and gratitude to our heavenly Father for the gift 
of forgiveness which is part of the atonement. 

STORY TIME:
Our Annie Ba-nannie had a really bad toothache. She even called the dentist to get an appointment because she thought she needed a root canal. We were just about ready to leave for Women's Conference and she was in terrible pain. She couldn't get into the dentist for about a week. So she went to women's conference barely able to speak and only eating soft foods. 
After we were there for about 1/2 a day, I asked Annie to try out this simple formula. Try forgiving and see what happens. She didn't think she had too many to forgive. But as she thought about it her list got pretty long. After lunch we were walking to Jamba to get a yummy drink and she said she felt coolness in her cheek near the tooth that was hurting. She said she felt the heaviness begin to leave. 
That night, it wasn't much better so I said maybe there are some people you have forgotten. She said no... I got everybody. So I mentioned this person and that person and you could see by her face and tone of her voice that maybe there could be a need for forgiveness there. 
By the morning her toothache was GONE!!
COMPLETELY GONE!!
She has never had to go to the dentist to have that tooth fixed.
To me that is the miracle of forgiveness!!
POWERFUL!

TRY IT FOR YOURSELF!
You never know what could happen!

Here is to a happier life!
xoxo
Kim (#2)

No comments:

Post a Comment