.

.

.

.

Monday, November 10, 2014

GO MAKE A MEMORY!!!

HOLLA SISTAS!!
#3 comin at ya....

I am and always have been a firm believer in that FAMILY IS EVERYTHING!!

I'm certain this thinking has been passed on to me by my parents and I BELIEVE THEM...
When us girls were growing up...we always had strict family time..... Family dinner and Family Home Evening nights were non-negotiable. We also always had family vacations which are deeply engrained in our very souls. 




Now my idea of a vacation is quite different from my adorable Dad....my family vacations will most likely never consist of timed "tinkle" breaks to make good road time (scream the word TINKLE in public to get the full effect)...or Hot Dogs a la car engine.... no cramming of children in to a small vehicle including a child sitting on Mom's lap for endless hours either. I can also pretty much guarantee I would never flip a U-turn in a 15 passenger van right in the middle of a busy New York City freeway...followed with a single word of  "whoop"..... and I KNOW FOR A FACT...I would never again sleep in a hotel room that had the sound of  "crickets" coming from my mattress and the entire wall that RAN AWAY when you flipped the lights on....and I'm not even gonna mention the fish head soup.... 
These were definite memory makers ...hahaha


HOWEVER.... Right in line with my parent's vacation planning....my family vacations will always include unconditional love... never ending giggling and silliness....and adventures galore. 
{Some fantastic childhood vacation memories including an Oregon deep sea fishing adventure where we couldn't catch a THING until Kim barfed over the side of the boat and then we caught TONS!! hahaha  Or the time in Tijuana Mexico where my Mom was offered money to sell herself and her 5 daughters...hahaha I still giggle about this one every time...my Mom didn't think it was funny...or the church history tour where we all wore plastic bucky teeth off and on thru the entire trip...and then Keri and I rolled down Hill Cumorah in NY state.....phew....so funny...so many more memories to even list}



I want my kids to have memories like I have....my kids aren't getting any younger and I know they won't be with me much longer. DON'T WAIT TO MAKE SOME MEMORIES!! We were blessed enough to take a vacation this past week... a vacation that the three of us worked SO very long and hard for. Tons of overtime, blood, sweat, and tears...from each one of us...and I believe this made it even more perfect and valued. I couldn't have done it without their help. 

We took a trip to NYC and then drove up to Boston to see a New England Patriots football game..spending a few days in Boston afterwards. It was glorious.....Here is a bunch of pictures to share our experiences.... get ready for picture overload. 
GREENS TAKE ON THE EAST COAST!!
Waitin at the SLC airport
(we made a pact that we would NOT talk about work or school during the entire trip.... only FUN ALLOWED!!)

Layover in Chicago and SNOW!! We loved that....(worst landing ever tho)

Chicago dog? I say yes!

We spent Halloween in an airport.... Mighty Power Ranger in da house!!

Gorgeous shot of Chicago from the air....

Made it to New Jersey!

Up and at 'em....lets do this NY thing...

NJ Penn Station


Waiting for the train...and our "tour guides"....

This is my bestie Darren from Philly... I have known him since I was 17....he was trying to sneak a selfie on the train.... #photobomb 

First stop.... the Freedom Tower and Ground Zero...


The Freedom Tower up close....

This space made my heart both happy and sad....It was a place of death...and of new life... It was amazing to me the changes that have occurred here over the last 13 years. As I looked up I was shocked by the emptiness that was surrounded by huge buildings...to think of the towers that stood there...full of people...that were just gone. I was so grateful to be able to stand there with my children and remember those who died that day.


North Tower memorial..... 30 foot waterfall drop.. and then another 30 foot drop. Beautiful.


 South Tower


Oh bull....


The Lady and Ellis Island



Time Square...



Radio City Hall & Rockefeller Center


 Central Park...this was a magical highlight for me...I have always wanted to go here.
I felt like a giddy little girl.... LOVED IT!!


 Darren working his photo magic...


Fall in Central park....a bucket list item checked off!!

Fantastic funnest day with our "tour guides" 
Thank you to Darren and Brian for taking on NYC and the rainy weather with us. 
It was absolutely perfect.
Oh and then there's cheesecake... 

 See my orange Denver Bronco shirt peeking out? Not sure why..but every time I wear this shirt the Bronco's lose...I had to ensure a Patriots win for the boy.... it worked. Sorry Peyton.  #sorrynotsorry

 Driving up to Boston in the Fall.... snowing...it was heavenly...
Another bucket list item marked off. 

 This patriots fan....holy cow he was BEAMING!! and she's pretty cute too!!


Beautiful Stadium...and he ain't bad either...oh hey Tommy!!....

 Seeing this kid with "his people" made this Mama heart so happy.

oh and hey...it was SO frickin cold....

winner winner chicken dinner....


Had to stop at Wahlburgers on our way into Boston...
and explore the Ship-Yahd (haha..we couldn't stop saying it that way)

Unbelievable "Boston Habah" view from the hotel room 


Water taxi into the city....


Columbus Waterfront Park


 Tai playing with the fishies at the New England Aquarium

Custom House Clock Tower..the first real skyscraper in Boston 
(tower added in 1915)


Quincy Market at Faneuil Hall 

Endless hall of food...



Too many dang treats from Quincy Market....
laying in bed having a sugary giggle fest.

Beautiful night view from the hotel.

 USS Constitution with Bunker Hill Memorial in the background...
Did you know Bunker Hill was built on the wrong hill!!? #oops


Dry Dock at the Navy Ship-yahd (haha)
and Treavor with his revolutionary motif goin on...

The Holocaust Memorial

The great Fenway Park

This sign reminded me of my Sissies so I had to capture it...

Saying goodbye to this fantastic city....

This note was proof to me that even the smallest things can make a difference in someone's day. We left small sweet notes at our breakfasts for this fantastic server at our hotel dining room...His name was Isa and he was from Kosovo... He sent us this little note before we checked out. 
#randomactsofkindness

Our trip was perfect....and we loved every second of it. 
Feeling so grateful and blessed for the time I was able to spend with my children.
I hope they carry these memories with them forever.

#familyiseverything
#gomakeamemory 

1 comment:

  1. I love your trip, Kristi! (Other than one of the videos you sent to dispatch, which may have popped up so loudly that I almost peed a little.) :)

    ReplyDelete