.

.

.

.

Saturday, November 29, 2014

are you with me?.....

"tis the season to be....."

As I am sitting here listening to Christmas music, 
my mind turns to why I love this holiday season.

There are many reasons why the holiday's are so special. 
And each of us have special feelings 
towards Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Instead of doing a sister highlight 
 I thought it would be fun if you highlighted yourself.

And what I mean by that is....
I have a challenge.
Lets start of this Holiday Season right!
with GRATITUDE.

What do you think of when you hear the word....

THANKFUL...


Have you ever thought about what you are thankful for?
I mean really thought about it in a very sincere way.

I am sure you have heard about 
doing a gratitude journal...

It can change the way we see our world around us.
It can actually change your life.
In fact it can change you in ways 
you never thought was possible.
Would you give it a try?



I even bought a special journal just to begin!!


Every day you can write what ever you are thankful for. 
What are your GRATEFUL for today?
What happened in my day that I saw the 
Hand of the Lord in my life?

Below are some prompts to help you begin....
I do feel so deeply that we can have a wondrous holiday season if we but look outside of ourselves.... 
see what blessings the Lord has bestowed down upon each of us.
I think we would be amazed...

Positive Thoughts Prompts
{from simplyfreshdesigns.com}
“Cultivate an attitude of happiness. Cultivate a spirit of optimism. Walk with Faith, rejoicing in the beauties of nature, in the goodness of those you love, in the testimony which you carry in your heart concerning things divine.” Gordon B. Hinckley


*How has God blessed me today?
* I am a strong, positive, healthy loving woman of faith.
Today I seek Peace.
When times are hard, I will righteously hang on.
I will prepare for tomorrow by working today.
Today I will use my energy to improve someone’s life. 

“Press forward with a steadfastness in Christ.”
I will be grateful for this day.
Everything is going to be okay. Breathe. Smile.
Laughter is good for my health.
Practice makes progress.
Today I will practice using my calm voice.


There is always HOPE.
Kindness inspires Kindness.
Today I will do what is right, not what is easy.
I am strong and can do hard things.
Always be nicer than you feel.
Keep Moving Forward!
Today I will think of others & serve!
Onward ever Onward.


“The Lord is my light, then why should I fear?”
These times are hard, but they will pass.
Today I will stop holding on to what hurts and make room for forgiveness.
Recite a scripture.
“Arise & Shine Forth.”
I teach others by my attitude.


“It is better to look up!” Thomas S. Monson 
Hum a hymn.
Today I will thank someone.
I am meant to be brave.
The Lord is aware of me.
Today I will give the gift of time!
Live in Faith!


I Am loved
*In all things it is better to HOPE than to despair" - Von Goethe
*What makes me smile?
*My Faith is bigger than my fear.
*I will let my JOY rise to the surface
*Take a big breathe...think of someone I love.
*I am grateful for.....
*Listen to peaceful music.
*I am thankful for small successes in my home.

  • “Give me this mountain. Give me these challenges.” - Spencer W. Kimball 
  • Today I will slow down and enjoy the moment.
  • Listen to happy tunes.
  • God is in the details of my life.
  • There is always something to be grateful for. 
  • “We traveled on, Trusting in God.” Susannah Stone Lloyd
  • I become what I focus on.
  • Stuff some faith under that bonnet and double knot it.
  • To be happy, don’t do what you like; Like what you do!
  • I am a problem solver... not a complainer.
  • Today I will listen to the quietest whispers of my heart.
  • Be Kind; everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
  • “For God hath not given us the Spirit of Fear; but of POWER,
    and of LOVE, and of a SOUND MIND.”
    2 Timothy 1:7
  • Life is beautiful.
  • I believe in the power of my thoughts.
  • Pray for optimism.
  • Hard things make me Stronger.
  • Today I will Forgive.
  • “Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven.”
  • Today I will be gentle with myself and others.
  • I am Blessed! 


I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR THE BEAUTIFUL BLESSING IN MY LIFE!
Here are just a few of those blessings....

picture style...

My amazing hubby!
I adore him!
He is my everything...
Love you my Hunk of Love!



My son, Zac and daughter, Mattie who are both serving LDS missions!
Love them deeply!
I think we should bottle their happy juice! Look at those smiles!
Love you Elder and Sister Watts!

My beautiful Kell
She is so giving.... full of heart!
Love you Kellers!

My sweet Mollie! So full of life!
Love you Molls!

Can anyone say....I LOVE SON-IN-LAWS!
This incredible young man showed up at our door 2 an 1/2 years ago and I had no idea how 
he would change our family!
He is the most genuine, giving man I have ever met!
We are very blessed!


This is one of my favorite pictures of my grandson, Boston.
He is traveling to see his grandparents in Uruguay. Those ear phones are a hoot!
I love being a "grandmother." That is the very best word... like in forever!

My sweet family! 
Kenzie, Brent and Boston!
Love you guys!!!!


My sweet sisters.... Oh how I love them!!!
They are my rock!


 My Yummy Dad and sisters!
My Dad fights hard for his family! 
It is his life! 
Nothing more important to him.
I love you Dad!

FAMILY!!!!
There is nothing better in the whole world! 
Family Is everything!
My mother knows how to make you feel so special!
Just look at that table! She works so hard to bring a wonderful spirit in her home.
Love you momma!
And our newest adventure....
I am so grateful that we can do this together with family!
I have no doubt that the Lord was in this cabin purchase...
what a gift!

I love my scriptures!
They heal me.
They give peace and help me to understand what I need to be doing.
They are my foundation!

And we each have been given a wonderful gift!
Our Savior Jesus Christ!
He loves us...
He weeps with us!
He rejoices with us!
He is our ultimate healer and gift to us all!!


I know that each of us have many blessings.... what are yours?
Write them down! 

Let take this challenge...and see the difference 
it can make in our individual lives. 
I bet December 25th will have more meaning...

Lets do it!
Spread His Light!
SPREAD YOUR LIGHT!

Loves!
#2

No comments:

Post a Comment