.

.

.

.

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Who wants breakfast????

Looking for an easy and healthy breakfast in the morning?

If you're like me you just need 
something to grab and go....
Its hard enough to get out of bed at 4:30 am without stabbing someone... I don't wanna worry about breakfast!

Well...I FOUND SOMETHING!!
I LOVE IT.... and I'm SHARING!!

I'm sure some of you have heard of OVERNIGHT OATMEAL....
I had...and thought it looked good but I never tried it.
Once I did however....I don't know that I'll ever go back to normal breakfast.
Its so simple and fast... and it tastes amazing.

I created a "generic" recipe that you can basically change into anything you want just by adding different stuff....

OVERNIGHT OATMEAL


These are the basic ingredients you need-
Old Fashioned Oats
Flax or Chia (optional)
Plain Greek Yogurt
Milk (any kind you like)
Honey

Add 1/4 C of Oats to a pint size mason jar
Add 1 tsp of chia/flax



Add 1/4 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
and 1/3 cup Milk
then 1 Tbs Honey


Put the lid on and SHAKE IT UP!!

That creates the basic overnight oatmeal...and from there you can add anything you like! 
Here are some suggestions:

~any type of fruit- fresh or frozen
~nuts
~peanut butter
~chocolate chips
~maple syrup instead of honey
~canned pumpkin
~lemon zest
~agave
~cocoa powder
~brown sugar
~coconut
~vanilla flavoring
~cinnamon

We've tried flavored coffee creamer in place of milk a couple times and the flavor combinations are endless really.

My favorite you ask????
I honestly LOVE mine with blueberries and lemon. 

DO WHAT YOU LOVE!


Last night we added frozen 
strawberries &  blueberries

Just fill with about a cup of whatever fruit you like...
put the lid on and SHAKE IT UP AGAIN!!

Put the jar in the fridge overnight and in the morning its ready to eat!!
GRAB & GO!


HAVE A HAPPY MORNING!!

#hugstimesfive


No comments:

Post a Comment