.

.

.

.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

We love missionaries!!

We love missionaries!!

Currently we have 2 full time mishies out and we love getting their letters each week....

SISTER MATTIE WATTS
Serving in the Ohio Cincinnati Mission

and
ELDER LANDON SHOEMAKER 
Serving in the Missouri Independence Mission


I specifically loved part of each of their letters recently and wanted to share...

From Sister Watts letter:
"Your effort to try is what invokes [Christ's] grace and changes your nature. But if Satan can make you think that no matter how hard you try, you're not good enough- then you abandon the Savior. Your turn your back on Him. Because you think he has turned His back on you. It is an incredibly seditious doctrine and its not true. and you need  to repent of it. Its not true. So knock it off."
She said this came from President Porter about the doctrine of perfectionism..

ISN'T THAT SO POWERFUL??
I think it hit home to me because I DO IT!!
It's so easy to doubt.....
I just love reading Mattie's letters... I literally learn something new from every single letter.

And from Elder Shoemaker:
My little though for the week comes from Mark 8:34 and Matthew 16:24.  It talks about taking up your cross and following "Him."  In Mark we read that and so as I read I was wondering, what is our cross??  So if we jump over to Matthew we see in the JST that it is to deny all ungodliness, every worldly lust, and keep the commandments.  So I challenge everyone to figure out what is holding them back, or in other words, what is your favorite sin?  Get rid of it and come unto Christ.  Instead of asking, "Lord, is it I?"  ask,  "Lord, is it this?"  Is this what I need to get rid of in my life to come closer?  I know that as we all strive to come closer to Christ he will bless us immensely in all aspects of our life. 

Isn't that a gem???
I always get a giggle reading Landon's letters...I just love his personality and it shows thru every single week. I know he is just the best missionary!! 

If you want to read more...
you can visit their own blogs using the links below.





HUGS TIMES FIVE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment