.

.

.

.

Monday, December 15, 2014

He is the Gift....

Hey Ya'll.... Sista #3 here...

Just wanted to share a little tidbit of CHRISTMAS FEELS with ya...


My Dad sent an email to us last night from some friends of theirs that are on an LDS mission...
There was a part of it that made my eyes leak...  I felt so grateful and blessed for everything I have and everything I have ever experienced in my life.......

Here's part of the letter....

"At the end of the conference, The mission president handed out all of the Christmas packages from home and the ones we put together for the Jamaican elders.  We handed a wrapped present to a Jamaican elder and he put it on his lap.  I watched as tears formed in his eyes.  He put his hands over his face and started shaking and openly weeping.  I asked him if there was a problem and he said that he has never had a wrapped present before.  I told him to open it up and see what it contained.   He cried and cried then slowly opened the package.  When he saw the few items we gave him (body wash, deodorant, socks, ties, candy and other items) he really started crying.  I had to hug him.  Aren't we blessed with so much.  I've seen kids at home get so  much that they asked if they could quit opening presents.  What a lesson on gratitude this young Jamaican elder taught me this week."

Just think about that...."he said that he has never had a wrapped present before".. And he was so grateful for it that he openly wept!!!

My guess is if you're reading this... you've never NOT opened up a wrapped present before.
We are so incredibly blessed in our lives...even if we have very little...or are struggling financially....we still have so much to be thankful for!!! 
I haven't had the best Christmas spirit this year... but after reading that letter I realized I haven't been very good at focusing on my blessings...and the TRUE gift I have been given. (He wasn't wrapped either...haha)
I found my Christmas...

Enjoy the video..... :)


FIND YOUR CHRISTMAS!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS SISSIES!!
#hugstimesfive #Heisthegift 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks. I needed this. This year isn't going to be much of a Christmas. We have to move by January 9th, so all the money we have has to go to deposits and such. I've been having a hard time about not being able to buy gifts for my 5 kids. The funny thing is they figured they weren't getting much (if anything) this year. They're ages are 12-20. My kids are buying gifts for each other and us (the parents). I have to say I have some pretty great kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat Erin!! Sounds like you really do have some awesome kids!! I too have had some "not so great" Christmases...its funny that the ones I remember the most were the ones that we didn't get much as far as gifts but we tried to serve others or be creative with our gift giving to be thrifty. Best of luck to you sweet sister!!! Merry Christmas!! #Heisthegift

    ReplyDelete