.

.

.

.

Monday, December 8, 2014

Family time is EVERYTHING!

Yesterday was amazing for me. 
It was a reflection kind of day.

First off it was Fast Sunday....
We were asked at our ward party Friday to fast for a lady
in our ward who got seriously injured at a Thanksgiving parade by a horse. 
She is now in a medical induced coma.
She still has children at home and a loving husband.
Now even though I don't know her personally because I still feel so new to this ward,
I was determined to do this for her and her family. 
I had some personal reasons that I wanted to fast also. 
So I was anxious to do it and even put it on my calendar because I'm so forgetful.

So got to church and we had a wonderful testimony meeting. I was on the verge of 
uncontrollable crying anyway, but then that husband got up to bear his testimony. 
He reminded husbands how important it was to tell your wives everyday how much you love them, and ALWAYS remember to open their doors for them.
To make them feel special and loved.
We should never forget how things can change in an instant.

My heart ached for him and his children.
But I knew the way I could help him was to keep fasting. I knew they needed the extra blessings and prayers. This time of year is all about families and being together, and their mom is in the hospital.
I will also put her name in the temple tomorrow.

We then had tithing settlement with our bishop.
He is such a wonderful person.
The best bishop my kids could have. He cares about each and every one of us.
He said something during our meeting and I lit up. 
Tithing is the one thing we can be perfect at!
We are imperfect people but we can be perfect at that for HIM.
I enjoyed that statement. 


Then later that evening my husband gave the best Family Home Evening.
Is was about spending time together, as a family.
As our kids are getting older, we are realizing how important this really is.

When you have young kids, you just can't wait for them to get older. But now that they are older,  we wish they were all small again.

Justin got a job recently and is turning 18 next year. His job takes him away from his family.
Although I know it's a part of life, he misses certain family things. And once he goes on his mission, life will never be the same. 

I really don't have a lot of time to savor these moments in my life. 
I'm determined to make the most of it. 
Taking all the time I can get.
Making time, even if it's watching a movie all together.
I need to let them know that they are what's most important, and I'm willing to give them my time. Even though they are annoying teenagers at times, I won't let them hibernate in the basement.
(They WILL watch ELF with me whether they like it or not)



FAMILY TIME IS SACRED TIME AND SHOULD BE PROTECTED AND RESPECTED.
-BOYD K. PACKER


I LOVE MY FAMILY!
The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment